How long after taking iron supplements should I wait before drinking milk?

Hi, I'm anemic, and it's lately been coming to kick me in the butt.

So I've started taking iron pills, and I know that calcium cancels out iron... but I drink A LOT of milk throughout the day.

Just wondering what a good time frame is, after taking the iron before I should start drinking milk?

I've been allowing myself small amounts of dairy after taking the iron. Figure a little won't hurt too much. Any info is helpful! Thanks! :)

Favorite Answer

my son is also mildly anemic. I've read you should take iron and milk at least 1-2 hours apart. You should also try considering going off cow's milk to either almond, rice, or hemp milk. The protein and calcium that blocks the iron is not as high and it's much better for you than cow;s milk. Also liquid iron supplements absorb better than pill form. Try Floridix..it's a natural iron supplement and actually tastes okay. Good Luck

Iron Supplements And Milk

I also have a similar undertaking, i'm drained each and every of the time. I take 3 hundred mg. of trazadone, and 3 nyquil pills each and every nighttime to get approximately 4 hours of sleep. i don't have an unusual volume of rigidity in my existence, that's basically imsomnia inherited from my mom. the main suitable undertaking i will do for myself is exercising. once I get off paintings i bypass living house, develop into my rollar blades and and blade for greater or less 5 miles. Or i will experience my motorbike for greater or less 10 miles. i comprehend it sounds like alot yet once you paintings as much because it you experience lots greater desirable. It additionally delivers time to sparkling your innovations and get targeted. solid look and that i'm hoping issues get greater desirable.