Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

The movie "The Cake Eaters"..?

i saw the movie but what does the title have to do with whats its about?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

these are somethings i found,

As for the curious title, the phrase "cake eaters," though never referenced in the film, is generally defined as "those who never have to go without." Although that hardly seems to apply here, it lends some welcome irony to this overly earnest endeavor. Los angeles times, guide

I found this one thats a lil better on the following website.

http://facetsfeatures.blogspot.com/2009/03/man-beh...

In general, I was trying to write something about loss, suffering, and love. The title The Cake Eaters hinges upon this. Over the course of a few days, this group of misfits that don’t have love find their “cake” – at last, they get something. The term “cake eaters” is one I grew up with in Pennsylvania. It means those who have their lives mapped out for them, they live in the big house on the hill, are destined to grow up and be lawyers and doctors…The Cake Eaters

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.