Top five tips to remove corruption?
Give me top ideas to remove corruption from society, public servants, officers in high position in govt etc.
- vote_usa_firstLv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
Allow private companies to compete with all govenrment services. Its that simple.
When a govenrment monopoly is in place, there is no reason OR mechanism for the corruption to go away.
In a free market, corruption leads to losses, so it provides incentive for the business to fire and prosecute those who are corrupt.
Take the government monopoly on police protection for example. What happens to police who do not respond to a robbery? What happens to reports of police beatings and theft? Often nothing. There is no incentive for anything to be done. On the other hand, in a free market, every instance would be investigated and reparations paid for mistakes, else competition will have a chance of providing the service instead.
Also consider this. Government programs benefit from losses. It allows them to request budget increases, or power increases. Inefficiency is rewarded in government, the opposite of what is rewarded in a free market. Saying that, corruption assists government as it helps to drive up costs of operation.
*Corruption in society is a problem? Society, or the people do not have the power to imprison you, or tax you. You are not FORCED to fund private citizens who are 'corrupt'.
- 4 years ago
5 Ways To Reduce Corruption
The question again arises how to control this increasing corruption in our country? There are several bodies that are working for a corruption free system. Here are suggested some of the tools to reduce the corruption;
1. The first tool is ‘education’. With the help of education we can reduce corruption. According to a survey conducted byÂ India today the least corrupt state is Kerala, the reason being that in Kerala literacy rate is highest in India. So we can see how education effects education. In most of the states, normally a fairly large number of people are uneducated. Those who are uneducated do not know about the process, provisions and procedures through which they can get justice. Corrupt public servants try to make fool of them and often demands for bribe. It is due to unawareness in the field of law, public rights and procedures thereof that a common and an uneducated suffer out of the corrupt society. This suggests that if we are educated, we can understand our rights well.
2. We need to change the government processes. If the members of the governing body are government officials, there will certainly be less reports of the criminal cases. The reverse may be possible only when there are no more criminal politician in our government. The provision is that, if there is any case filed against a person then he would not be eligible for election. But if we see hundred politicians then about sixty percent of them would be criminal in nature. If these criminal politicians command us and make laws, what types of law would be formed, we can guess! Thus during election, we should keep in mind the person for whom we shall not vote. In India there is a provision that no person as a criminal shall be allowed as a Member of Parliament or member of legislative. Unfortunately a fairly large number of them are a part of it.
3. We can reduce corruption by increasing direct contact between government and the governed. E-governance could help a lot towards this direction. In a conference on,Â “Effects of Good Governance and Human Rights” organized byÂ National Human Right Commission, A. P. J. Abdul Kalam gave an example of Delhi metro rail system and online railway reservation as good governance and said that all the lower courts should follow the explanation of the Supreme Court and High Court and make the judgments online. Similarly, Sivraj Patil said that the Right to information should be used for transparency. We have legal rights to know any information. According to this act, (Right to Information act 2005), generally people should follow the procedure of law given to then when their work is not being implemented in a proper way in public services. This act is a great help in the order to control corruption.
4. Lack of effective corruption treatment is another reason. That means, instruments which are in use, are not running properly. For example Prevention of Corruption Act 1988 came into force on 9th September, 1988. But corruption is still flourishing. Why? Because of weak actions and proceedings towards corrupt people. People don’t have any fear of this act and the court. The act may thus be revised for its better implementation.
5. Lack of transparency and professional accountability is yet another big reason. We should be honest to ourselves. Until and unless we will not be honest, we can’t control corruption. If each of us is honest towards our profession, then corruption will automatically decrease. We need to pay attention towards professional accountability i.e., how much we are faithful and truthful towards our profession. Corruption may be controlled by handling five major professions:Â lekhpal, medical, revenue, police and judicial.
Read more to know about 5 Places Where Corruption Exists - http://www.youthkiawaaz.com/2010/08/5-ways-to-redu...
- gopLMAOLv 71 decade ago
i look at the Fox news channel and they are sure doing a lot of slander.
they are accusing our government of promoting Nazi like activities!
Democratic" Fox News Guest Attacks Obama's Health Care Reform With A Slew Of Falsehoods, All Unchallenged
On Tuesday's (8/18.09) Your World, Neil Cavuto interviewed nurse Anna Barone about the Obama health plan. Barone was introduced as a “registered Democrat.” But Cavuto forgot to mention that she has been involved in a number of conservative causes, most recently firedavidletterman.com, which gave her a previous appearance on Fox News. Sure enough, “Democrat” Barone was soon touting anti-Obama, anti-health care reform talking points, wrongly claiming the health care reform bill “caters to non-citizens,” that it will cost young people $4,000 and other falsehoods that went unchallenged by Cavuto. With video.
Barone said "If people go online and look at this bill, they will be sick. It caters to non-citizens, you’re going to have to pay $2500 if you don't want this plan. Also, it doesn't benefit senior citizens, it doesn't benefit young people. Today I heard a doctor say that young people, they need to wake up. Because young people are going to have to pay $4000. It's not going to be free, nothing is for free, nothing."
Where did Barone get her “facts” and figures from? She seems to have gotten the “catering to non-citizens” claims from a chain email which was thoroughly debunked and labeled as “Pants on Fire” by Politifact.com’s Truth-O-Meter. Politifact also pointed out that the bill specifically excludes “undocumented aliens.” As for the $4,000, Politifact noted that while there is no detailed Senate plan yet, “The House versions of the bill would help pay for the health plan with a surtax on high earners.”
Cavuto challenged none of her assertions, other than to offer “the argument” that “if we don’t do something, it’s gonna get worse” and then "asking" if we're being scared into health care reform.
"The people voted President Obama in. He’s not listening to the people. The American people are saying, ‘I don't want this plan. Why are you intruding in my life?'” She forgot to mention that numerous polls show that Americans do, in fact, want a public option. Cavuto did not correct her.
Instead, he prompted her to tell horror stories about government run health care by saying, “I hear from many registered nurses who say, ‘If you think we’re overwhelmed now, we’re really going to be overwhelmed if this comes to pass.’ What do they mean by that?”
Barone replied, "Well, you go into the emergency room, you have to wait at least 5-6 hours, no matter what your injury is, other than a heart attack… God forbid it’s free or it’s universal, you have to wait in the emergency room, probably for two or three days. You’re going to have to go on a waiting list." Another dubious, unsupported claim from Barone and another pass from Cavuto.
Cavuto did note that the health care situation is getting to the point where the government will probably have to do something.
Barone was really on a roll now. “Well… (the government will) tell you what procedure you’re gonna have. Do you want government telling you?” Another “pants on fire” falsehood that Barone seems to have gotten from the chain email.
Another falsehood left unchallenged by Cavuto though he did put forth another “argument,” this time that “the government already does have a lot of this stuff.”
Cavuto did, however, take the time to probe Barone’s voting habits and to elicit why she had not voted for Obama last November.
“I just felt like he was a salesman and not a president,” Barone noted, as the interview closed.
Co-authored by Brian and Ellen
- Anonymous1 decade ago
The only way to remove corruption would be to remove the motive for corruption....that is simply not possible.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- MuttLv 71 decade ago
I only have one tip: Vote them out of office.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Pay them well and punish them severely.