Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Is it correct to compare major depression with dementia, in terms of decreased cognitive ability (reasoning,?

. . . decision making, short-term memory loss, ability to focus on tasks, etc., many of which are the exact same symptoms of dementia and Alzheimer's but with different neurological causes), when the depression has gone far beyond just a simple mood disorder?

• Stacey

about 5 years ago, I started to fall into a really depressive episode. At first I thought it was only because I had a bad break from a relationship but the feelings wouldn't go away even after I got a new girlfriend. It was wrecking my life until a point where it was seriously affecting my work and personal life.

She was very worried but at the same time couldn't understand why I was still sad and thought that I still couldn't let go of my previous relationship. Being the wonderful person that she is, she put aside her feelings and suggested I go for psychiatric evaluation. Many months later and even more anti-depressants, I was not coming close to being better at all.

After doing some research online, I found out the real cause as you described it really makes a lot of sense and purchased this program. The results were simply astonishing. I read this book over three times and put all words in action. Using this method, I've kept my depression at bay ever since. Up to date I'm still living happily with my girlfriend.

Depression Free Method?

No is not correct.. because people who are depressed.. arent forgetful in itself. and have all neurological functions . some function better than others on different levels . and depending on the medications. the side effects of mind and cognative thinking is improved or not depending on the persons reaction to the medication.

Dementia and depressions are two different disorders, and are diagnosed and treated differently. It important to visit a doctor, so you (or your loved one) can be diagnosed and treated properly.

Here is some information on both depression and dementia that might help you:

http://www.agingcare.com/Health-Conditions/1133/Al...

http://www.agingcare.com/Health-Conditions/1198/De...