What is the point of the appeals process, since Yahoo just upholds every violation irregardless?

Sometimes, the BS we have to contend with on this site just irks the crap out of me. What is the point of an appeals process, when Yahoo just upholds whatever craptastic violation you have been accused of? I posted a question the other day: "Why do people act like this? (Details inside)" I was... show more Sometimes, the BS we have to contend with on this site just irks the crap out of me.

What is the point of an appeals process, when Yahoo just upholds whatever craptastic violation you have been accused of?

I posted a question the other day: "Why do people act like this? (Details inside)" I was given a violation notice for "Not a Question or Answer." I wasnt aware that asking a question is NOT A QUESTION. Wonder what planet they live on...

Now, here is the catch - a few days before, I had posted a question asking if a certain member's avatar was ironic. That poster, who is a troll and has multiple accounts, used his accounts to abuse the reporting function and got me violated. He then wrote me a nasty email and then blocked me so that I could not respond to him. Now, he is following me around and reporting everything I post. OBVIOUSLY THIS IS A VIOLATION OF TOS.

But I appeal my violation notices, explain the situation and tell them to simply look at the IP addresses of all the accounts that reported my question and they can see for themselves that they are all the same IP address... Yahoo's response? To deduct another 10 points from my account and to uphold the violation - and allow that troll to continue violating the TOS.

Whats the point?