Homes Deux asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

Can you answer these 11 questions about drinking and hockey?

1) Does it seem like your hangovers are worse in the off-season?

2) If you are buying a beer at the concession stand, do you tip differently than if you were at a bar? Or do you tip at all?

3) When sitting in the 1st level, usually there are cup holders. Why does anybody need a cup holder? If somebody scores a goal…I just place my drink between my feet. What do you do with your drink when somebody scores? Do you take advantage of the awful angled cup holders, pass you drink to your neighbor, or just put it on the sticky ground?

4) Say you have a friend coming over to watch a game, and you notice that you have a 12 pack in the fridge. Perfect amount of brew for one game, imo. Your friend comes over with no beer and the assumption that you were providing, because you said you were making burgers for dinner. Now, you can share, get a little buzz, and have to ration OR you can tell your friend that you are not dating…..so that loser better leave and not to come back until he has his own beer (looking like a cheat bastard). What do you do?

5) What is your country’s best domestic beer for watching hockey?

6) Do you find that you peel the label off you beer when watching a close game (overtime)?

7) Is there a type of alcohol that you find to be not a good marriage with hockey watching?

8) Do you feel guilty with they have those early NBC games and you are popping a cold one around 2:00 in afternoon OR is that a norm for you?

9) No matter how much we agree with the “system”, we have all had those nights, where after a game, we feel as if our team was robbed by a ref. Do you usually swear the refs name specifically, or do you, just swear about refs in general?

10) Have you ever been so intoxicated that you could not follow the puck on your television?

11) At the arena, if you did not have to drink out of plastic cups, and you could bring whatever drink container you desired, what would you bring?

Tuna: That is why you go to the liquor store the night before. You have to plan you attack.

Bill: Congrats on your many months of sobriety. I am proud of you.

Casey: I had a peach schnapps experience about a decade ago, that still makes me nauseous thinking about it. *Shiver*

Noah: I think it may be sexual frustration……I am chomping on ice as we speak.

MySpace: Ahhhh, thanks. I am pretty sure if I were not married, and we were together, we would have about the most unproductive relationship ever. Nothing would ever get done.

Heartly: Hello pumpkin. I am having a massive headache today…..so I am killing time, so I do not have to work.

Baby got hips: Hmmmm, beer and hockey is not boring. Reading your “God baby” profile, is about enough to make me put a bullet in my temple.

Leafsfan: I like your hangover cure.

J.O. ……happy b-day sweet cheeks. “dink”….lol…..reminds me of Spaceballs.

Baby got hips: Don’t dish out crap, if you can’t take it.

I suggest now that you are a mother…you should work on your class. Grow up.

P.S. : The word “loser” has one “o”.

• Ben
    Favorite Answer

1.) The Headache only lasts for a day, the off-season seems like a lifetime

2.) People tip at concession stands? I tipped the cute bartender at my cousin's wedding half the green in my wallet over the weekend

3.) I hate sitting in areas without cup holders. my seats at HSBC have cup-holders, my buddy's seats do not. I dont want to be holding my beverage when my team scores. my cousin sat behind me once with his beer in his hand. sabres score an unlikely goal taking my cousin by surprise. I end up getting a beer poured all over me like I just won the super bowl. cup-holders are a must. if not the ground will have to do. you have to pick up your cup when someone goes by though (again cup-holders seem very logical).

4.) we share whats in the fridge, then during the first intermission somebody makes a run to the store. (probably the extra guy)

5.) labatt blue is made right down the thruway in Buffalo

6.) very fidgety I am

7.) nope

8.) not at all. better than 8 AM tailgating at the ralph

9.) i hate zebras

10.) during a game, no

11.) my bills beer mug

I've gotten immune to hangovers.

I don't tip because I bring my own liquor to games.

I usually screw the top on my flask when I'm not using it. But if i had to have someone hold it, i'd hand it to my 2 year old.

I'm not greedy, I'll share but when we run out of beer he's buying.

Iraq makes a great beer.

I peel the label off no matter what I"m doing. I hear it's a nervous habit.

peach schnapps?

2pm is too late to have beer. My philosophy is, if you're not drunk by 12 put on a dress.

Sometimes calls go your way and sometimes they go against you, I'm aware of that and I don't usually get mad because it's full circle.

I did that when I use to smoke pot but I don't do that anymore.

A refridgerator.

A) Sexual hangovers are great no matter what time of year.....Ohhhhh, you mean alcoholic hangovers. Uh...I ain't had a drink in 61 months (originally erroneously posted as 49), but I can't forget how nasty mine were when I drank at least half a case of Corona a day.

A) Tip? For what? Doing their job?

A) They're for cups? Dag, I wondered why I couldn't find cylindrical shaped cell phones on the market.....

A) My policy was first come, first serve - no matter where I was. But in my place it was keep your friggin paws off my beer if you want to be able to.....well, you get the idea.

A) I don't think we have a good enough domestic beer. I always liked Corona or Moosehead. I drank Bud or Coors when I was too cheap to afford weed killer.

A) No. I have that "jumping knee" syndrome.

A) Schlitz or Old Milwaukee.

A) When I drank back in the day, it was uncommon to see me WITHOUT a beer in my hand.

A) Nope. There is ONE man to blame in Philly.

A) Oh yeah, too many times.

A) Corona bottles.

1.) No, I don't drink heavily in the off season. Perhaps as the alcoholic contents leave your body it feels worse in the summer heat until you can replenish the electrolytes.

2.)No. Beer is too expensive at the concession stands. If I tipped, the beer would be darn near close to $15US

3.)Cupholders are there for a reason.

4.)If it's in October, then I woill give my beer for Canadian thanksgiving, if it is in November, we can call it the Cornucopia of Coors.

5.)I like Presque Isle Pilzner from Erie, PA or I.C. Light.

6.)No. That must be a chick with A.D.D. thing to do.

7.)Anything with "Summer Brew" in the title!!!!!!

8.)No. You must live on the Left coast. Those games start about 5 pm here and no, I don't feel guilty with having a beer with dinner.

9.)I usually get wary of specific referees who have reputations about missing calls against my team.

10)No, but I have been intoxicated at the game live where my eyes had about a two second delay and was looking at the spot where it was.

11)My plastic Halloween skeleton head funnel.

Source(s): Me.

Hi

1. What Hangover?

2. I don't time at a concession stand, they did nothing special for me, nor will they be mixing my drinks to where I would like them to pour heavy.

3. Sticky ground or buddies lap depending on amount I have already drank.

4. They know better, they would bring there own, if not the store is a block away. I am cooking, they provide the booze.

5. Alaska Winter Ale or the new White Ale, Or Moose's Tooth Raspberry Wheat, or Moose's Tooth Pipeline Stout, or Moose's tooth anything thing they put in a growler and let me take home.

6. Nah, I may smoke a few more though.

7. Not a huge fan of White Wines and hockey, just doesn't go well in my opinion.

8. That would be the 10 am game in Alaska, usually don't get to drink during those games due to hour of day and beer store not open.

9. They are all F'n morons that couldn't see the sun in the Sahara at midday.

10. Yes, but only while playing on PlayStation, cost me a bet, but oh well.

11. Why my beer stein of course.

Thank You

• 1-- yes, only because I drink more in the summer

2-- Nashville has the highest prices in the league, hells NO I dont tip..

3-- I use the cup holder often.. especially during a goal celeb...

4-- ALL friends coming to the Casa-de-Copas know to B.Y.O.B...

5-- Michelob

6-- Thats the Mrs habit

7-- Vodka makes me leak from both ends..

8-- Nope-- thats still coffee time for me..

9-- Just call 'em McGeough #2 and be done with it..

10-- Never will be that bad Dear..

11--- A pristine 44 oz bottle of Crown Royal.. The boys could fight over the lil purple bag as a hat..

1) Yes because there is less to look forward to the next day ..

2) Seven dollars for Tecate is bad enough. I tip at restaurants and sports bras though.

** oops ** .. did I say sports bras?

3) Down that beer while my other hand celebrates the goal, or put it in the holder. A lot of the people I go to games with drink more than me so I can't trust them with my brew

4) Do what now ?

5) Among the Texas beers, I would have to say St Arnold but it's on the heavy side as a session beer. Shiner is definately better than Pearl or Lone Star though IMO

6) I used to do that until while in Quebec years ago someone claimed that it's a sign that one hasn't gotten it on with the opposite sex in awhile lol

7) Shots of Everclear .. you wanna watch the game right ? I wouldn't want to get KO'd by a off-the-mark howitzer in the crowd like Happy Gilmore's dad.

8) It's the norm .. and don't forget pizza !!

9) Refs in general. My line for the zebras is "I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref."

10) It's never been that bad, I am blessed with a pretty high tolerance for booze.

11) Tequila

** Never seen Pearl in the rgv Jag, but had it last time I was in San Antonio **

1.) Not at all I get much drunker, because Hockey season is also dart season, so if I'm Not Couching it, I'm at the bar player league darts.

2.)Nah!!! I'm a good tipper unless someone is a Total Dink.

3.)I do the one arm Hooray with my beer in the other hand at a safe height.

4.)Sounds like We have to start the night off with shots then.

5.)I've been Digging Blue Moon & Honey Moons as of late.

6.)Nah I pause the DVR and get a refill quite often.

7.)Absenthe or Tequila

8.)Feels kinda nice, still a little hung over from the nite before go from the bed to the couch, nice weekend break.

9.)Crap happens, I go to the next game or NHL on the fly.

10.)I don't think so.

11.) Frozen glass pint glasses are the best for a beer IMO.

• 1) Rarely if ever do I get hangovers, and the cure is pretty easy (either hair of the dog or the trifecta of protein, greasy carbs, and pop).

2) I always tip at bars, not at concession stands (they don't have a tip jar). Bartenders do the Lord's work.

3) I'm pro-cupholder...my seats are in the middle of a row, so if someone is getting up to use the toilet, you run the risk of a knockover if they walk by. I'm also 6'1" so legroom is an issue. Holding it during play...unless there's lids on offer, you've got problems waiting to happen.

4) First time...duly noted. Second time...off the list for good...they're 86'd.

5) Molson Canadian.

6) I do it pretty much every time, regardless of time of game.

7) Wine, by itself...not my thing (wine is one of those things I can only drink with food).

8) 2:00 is beer o'clock during the winter months.

9) Other than Kerry Fraser (an otherwise perfectly nice and polite human being)...nope.

10) There's not enough booze to get me to that state.

11) A proper pint glass.

1) A Bloody Mary chases the hangovers away. Or good pot.

2) $5 per visit, no matter what I get. Bar is 30% minimum.

3) Three beers: One for the hand, two for the left/right holders.

4) All my friends are bottom-feeders. I can't recall ever having any one of them stop by with anything in their hands.

5) Blue/Molson/Canadian are all synonymous with Canada.

6) That is a sign of sexual frustration isn't it?

7) Gin & Tonics are my 2nd and 3rd love.

8) The sun has to be down someplace in the world at any given time.

9) Refs are the furthest from my mind when standing on my drunken soapbox.

10) I have no issue following any of the 5 that I see when hammered.

11) Macallan Thirty Year Old Scotch Whiskey and a straw!