what does 1/100 mean on a gundam model?

ya i meen iv seen thim and idk cuzz 1/144 has good detail but the 1/100 has more what dose it meen

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Scales are ratios of measures in like units: 1/72 is 1 inch on the model = 72 inches on the full-sized original. 1/100 scale is 1 inch of the model is equal to 100 inches on the full sized original. 1 inch on your gundam model would equal a little over 8 feet on the original. If your model measures 6 inches high, the original would be over 48 feet tall.

Knowing this, you should be able to figure out why a gundam model kit at 1/144 scale has less detail than a 1/100 scale gundam kit. I'll give you a hint. They have to cram more feet of detail into 1 inch on the model.

• 4 years ago

it means it's 1/100 the size of how big the real thing would be. So if the real Gundamn is supposed to be 100 feet tall, the model would only be 1 foot tall.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you took that 1/100 and added 99 more one-hundreth's, you'd get the original size of the mecha.

So 1/100 is 1% of the original size.

• 1 decade ago

thats the ratio to actual size i believe, like saying 1/100 is 1 1hundredth of the actual size.

Did you see the lifesize gundam statue they built in japan?? It's gd awesome, and it lights up at night as well! Do a google search for it, i'm sure you'll find it!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

That's its replication size. The closer it is to 1/1 the more life size and realistic it would be.

• Eddie
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

if its a model

i think it means it is 100 times bigger if it were real

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.