I have to pick two of the following Russian books to read. Which should I choose?

Dr. Zhivago

The Brothers Karamazov

Crime and Punishment

Anna Karenina

War and Peace

Lolita

I'm kind of already convinced on Anna Karenina as it is a very famous and very well reviewed book. Unless you can prove otherwise, I'd say really choosing my second book would be a good enough answer. Thanks!

Best Answer

Lolita is wonderful. I'm suprised that it's on this list; it was written in English, not Russian and takes place in the US, not Russia.

Anna Karenina

The Brothers Karamazov

Anna Karenina is a good choice.

and i think you should read War and Peace because that is supposed to be really good.

• Chris

The only one I've read is Crime and Punishment. All are considered classics. You really can't lose, though I'm told that The Brothers Karamazov is very hard to get through.

• Bill P

They are all good books, I would chose Zhivago mainly because, apart from Lolita, it is set in the modern times.