Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Jerusalem is an Arab/Muslim city?

I'm curious as to how the Palestinians (and other Arabs) can claim a right to Jerusalem, and say that it is an entirely Arab city, built by Arabs. The name of the city is Hebrew (Yerushalayim, "Jerusalem" is the transliterated version). It is mentioned in the Hebrew bible 667 times, and is mentioned in the Koran a total of 0 times. So I was curious how they make these claims.

PLEASE: Answer only the question asked, I don't need your opinion on Israeli war crimes, genocides, etc. Thank you.

Update:

JIMMY C- The Old City of Jerusalem was built by Jews. This is a historical fact which no one disputes. The Second Jewish Temple, of which the Wailing Wall is the last remaining piece, was destroyed (in year 70) 600 years before the Al Aqsa Mosque was built on top of it.

Update 2:

TAHIRA- I do not disagree. However, under Israeli rule, Jerusalem is a free city. Muslims are in full control over the Al Aqsa Mosque, and Jews are forbidden to enter it although it is in Israeli territory and is built right on top of the holiest spot for Jews. At the meeting of the Palestinian government this past week, they agreed that a new Palestinian State would ban Jews.

Update 3:

MICHELANGELO- Sorry, but you are wrong. Judaism is a race. You are correct, it is also a religion and non- Jews are permitted to convert (it is an arduous 2-3 year process), but you can never "stop" being Jewish as you put it. You can stop practicing the religious aspect, but being Jewish is genetic. Jews have race specific diseases (i.e. Tay Sachs, Familial disautonomia, etc.), and genes (a study concluded that all Jews belonging to the Cohen [priest] tribe share a gene which designates them so). Nice try though.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Shay p
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

JERUSALEM IS NOT.....

For over 3,300 years, Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital. Jerusalem has never been the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity. Even when the Jordanians occupied Jerusalem (1948-1967), they never sought to make it their capital, and Arab leaders did not come to visit.

In the Jewish Bible, Jerusalem is mentioned over 669 times and Zion (which usually means Jerusalem, sometimes the Land of Israel) 154 times, or 823 times. The Christian Bible mentions Jerusalem 154 times and Zion 7 times. Jerusalem is not mentioned once in the Koran. Jerusalem is also not mentioned in the Palestinian Covenant.

King David established the city of Jerusalem as the capital of the whole Land of Israel. Mohammed never came to Jerusalem. Jerusalem remained under Turkish Ottoman Empire rule from 1517 to 1917, and under British rule from 1917 to 1948.

I GUESS NOT

• 1 decade ago

Simply because Judaism is not a race. Arabs are race.

Anyone can become a Jew and anyone can stop being one. That is why religious people do not have political rights. Jerusalem is holy to the Jews, Christians and Muslims. But that does not mean any Jew from any origin can claim that holy piece of land!

However, there is no evidence of any historical Jewish kingdom or civilization in whole Palestine. It exist only in religious scriptures which do not count as reliable sources.

Did you ever ask yourself why no temple was found after digging for more than 40 years?

See these links how Jews were caught faking the history :

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6753063/

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/story/2004/12/27/pomegranat...

Where were the Jews when Jerusalem was raped and pillaged by the Christian Crusaders? It should be noted that hundreds of thousands of Muslims and Arabs died while cleansing "Jerusalem from the Crusaders between 11th-13th centuries.

EDIT To the asker: i guess you never heard of a Muslim Jew right? lol. If any Jew converts to another religion he/she is no longer a Jew! You can also read Kostler's book (Jewish historian) "The thirteen tribe" . You will see that the origin of majority of Jews worldwide are from Khazaria.

So if Palestinians and Muslims convert to Judaism, will they magically overnight develop this historical right to Jerusalem?

It is all about logic if you think about it!

"a study concluded that all Jews belonging to the Cohen [priest] tribe share a gene which designates them so"

This is pure propaganda. Many studies showed that many Jews share Armenian or Arabic or other genes. But it is imposible that one study can prove that all Jews of the world share same "Jewish genes"

Your argument is stupid.

• 1 decade ago

As a user rightfully said the bible is only a religious book and not a legal document Israel are lucky to be able to live in West Jerusalem but unfortunately these greedy Jews want the East as well, evicting Arab families in midnight raids who have resided there for over 50 years. Here are a few quotes from ex Israeli leaders that says it all. These are not the words of anti Israelis but the words of Israeli leaders themselves

Source(s): "We must expel Arabs and take their places." -- David Ben Gurion, 1937, Ben Gurion and the Palestine Arabs, Oxford University Press, 1985. "We must use terror, assassination, intimidation, land confiscation, and the cutting of all social services to rid the Galilee of its Arab population." -- David Ben-Gurion, May 1948, to the General Staff. From Ben-Gurion, A Biography, by Michael Ben-Zohar, Delacorte, New York 1978. "There has been Anti-Semitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault? They see but one thing: we have come and we have stolen their country. Why would they accept that?" -- Quoted by Nahum Goldmann in Le Paraddoxe Juif (The Jewish Paradox), pp. 121-122. "Jewish villages were built in the place of Arab villages. You do not even know the names of these Arab villages, and I do not blame you because geography books no longer exist. Not only do the books not exist, the Arab villages are not there either. Nahlal arose in the place of Mahlul; Kibbutz Gvat in the place of Jibta; Kibbutz Sarid in the place of Huneifis; and Kefar Yehushua in the place of Tal al-Shuman. There is not a single place built in this country that did not have a former Arab population." -- David Ben Gurion, quoted in The Jewish Paradox, by Nahum Goldmann, Weidenfeld and Nicolson, 1978, p. 99. "Let us not ignore the truth among ourselves ... politically we are the aggressors and they defend themselves... The country is theirs, because they inhabit it, whereas we want to come here and settle down, and in their view we want to take away from them their country." -- David Ben Gurion, quoted on pp 91-2 of Chomsky's Fateful Triangle, which appears in Simha Flapan's "Zionism and the Palestinians pp 141-2 citing a 1938 speech EDIT Avishai Please note that I have not mentioned Israeli war crimes or genocide as I realise its a touchy point with you and impossible to deny
  • 4 years ago

Jerusalem belonged to the Jews because of the fact the biging of time. there became a Jerusalem earlier there became a brand ny. whilst London Berlin, Sweden ,Moscow, and Paris have been nevertheless a woodland and swamp, there became a thriving Jewish community right here. It gave something to the international - a humane ethical code. The Jews are homestead. It has a fine looking sound for a rustic, THe Jews are redeeming the pledge made by way of their forefathers:

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Interestingly enough, Mecca and Medina are the 2 holiest cities in Islam. Both are in Saudi Arabia. Guess what? No non-Muslims are allow in. Not one. Its not allowed. There are roads going around the city marked "Non-Muslims". Not just Jews are restricted but anyone who is not Muslim.

Saudi does not recognize Israel and therefore do not allow Jews to even enter their country.

So if your looking to the founders of the Islamic faith as an example of tolerance and openness you are barking up the wrong tree. Many muslims fail to recognize the irony in the fact that Israel has many different faiths coexisting and sharing space openly, including their holiest city of Jerusalem. However, the birthplace of Islam is off limits to anyone who is not Muslim.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Have you notice that not very many Arabs are even here to answer your question? Even Jimmy the peanut man couldn't give the truth, but a lie just like most Arabs in Israel lie about. I do agree with what you say. Jerusalem is NOT an Arab/Muslim city and never will be. They are just fed with lies because they are awaiting for their so called "Mahdi", which I find it to be hog wash. Yerushalayim belongs to the Jewish people because G-d says so.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Whats wrong with sharing that city?

I'm talking bout both Arabs and Jews.

i live in NYC and share it, actually i see Arabs and Jews living peacefully here. Why not over there.

How would you know if its mentioned in the Quran or not.

I've read the Quran, and it always refers to Jewish ppl as the Children of Isreal.Israel was promised to Jewish ppl, but that doesn't mean that non Jews can not reside there as well. Everyone has a right to share this Earth, that land.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No.

Don't think so.

Look in the real world.

Decode this lyrics ' You'll see "

It's a place of worship and pilgrimage for all the children of all tribes of different community while passing by in time.

Luke 21.30-36

Luke 9.25,55-56,60

Matt 5.9,14

Matt 1.17

Luke 10.24

Luke 19.9-10

John 7.19

Exodus 6.3-4

Luke 3.7-9

Exodus 1.5

Genesis 11.1,3-9

Exodus 20.1-7

Luke 24.44-45,47-48

Exodus 20.12

Exodus 20.1-18

Matt 22.17-21,32

Exodus 23.24,32

What do you think?

Source(s): decoded from the missing x-files.
  • 1 decade ago

Arabs have been living there for centuries in houses built by arabs for arabs. It is their land. Simple.

The bible is a religious book. Not a legal document.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.