Getting baby clothes on Craigslist can result in murder?

I heard about that 21 year old women in Oregon on the news who was 8 months pregnant. She was looking for baby clothes on Craigslist and met up with this woman, and the woman stabbed her to death and cut out the baby. Of course the baby died, and the woman put her body in the crawl space of her house.

WTF!! As a pregnant woman, and my hormones completely array as it is, I freaked out into tears. Craigslist is dangerous, be careful.

Excuse me - who wouldn't get freaked out by something like that on the news?

Favorite Answer

well..I could have gone my whole life without hearing the details to that story. But anytime you are giving your personal info (name, address, phone number..etc) to a stranger, you are taking a risk. Just giving your name to someone can allow them to find out a lot of information about you. Go to yard sales or Goodwill...much safer!

Even by posting pictures of yourself of family on facebook/myspace. If you are using your real name and where you are from..sickos can find out your address. If they have seen your picture or your children's picture, that is all they need to identify you.

I am so scared to get pregnant again after I heard this, I heard another one not too long ago about a woman who was just walking down the street and was kidnapped by a woman who cut out her baby and the baby LIVED! So so so sad though. Just make sure you have someone with you at all times to watch your back, and never go on a walk by yourself. I dont know what this world is coming to but I cant handle watching the news anymore, it makes me so sick!

Craigslist is just as dangerous as real life is. That kind of thing has happened to other people, not just from Craigslist.

Do you remember Lacey Pederson? Do you now not trust your husband?

Yes its scary but scary stuff happens every where all the time.

Sounds a lot like a story I saw on TV about a girl that didn't have any money, so she asked for help in a bulletin on myspace. The girl that responded drove her to a hotel and was about to attempt the same thing, but luckly her accomplace chickened out and called the cops.

The worlds a scary place.

Stranger things jave happened, but I agree that is pretty messed up. I mean serousally though, it was probally before people got online smarts, and learned to meet people in public to trade things and services. As long as you use your brain you shouldn't have any problems with craigslist.

Craigslist is not dangerous, Yahoo Answers is dangerous. If you get freaked out by things you can't control, you're going to have a rough time with kids. Good luck.

EDIT: There is a lot more freaky stuff on the news than that, as terrible as that single incident was. Heard about the millions of people starving and dying in wars in other parts of the world? It's immeasurably worse. Don't get freaked out, it's not going to happen to you. You're thousands of times more likely to die in a car crash than get murdered by some random person you meet on the Internet.

its not dangerous if your safe about it. dont give any personal info. if you want to buy something have it sent.

Omg!! What wrong with people now in days.

• jacey

i don't know what is wrong with people, that is just terrible.

thanks for the warning