What is the difference between Xbox 360 Arcade, Xbox 360 Pro, and Xbox 360 Elite?

I'm thinking about getting an Xbox 360 but I want to know what would be the best choice.

Update:

I'm thinking about getting an Xbox 360 but I want to know what would be the best choice.

Can the Xbox 360 play Xbox games?

Update 2:

Can the Xbox 360 play Xbox games?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

The Xbox 360 arcade can play every 360 game, but it doesnt have a hard-drive so you can't play any original xbox games. it comes with a 256mb memory card.

The Xbox 360 pro has a built in 60gb hard-drive, it also comes with a headset, a network cable and it can play original Xbox games.

The Xbox 360 elite is black and has a built in 120gb hard-drive. it comes with everything the pro comes with and an HDMI output cable. it can also play original xbox games.

I recommend the pro

(they all come with silver membership for xbox live.)

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

well all 360's are equally prone to getting red rings as the other the arcade just come with the 360 and controller this is the basic package the 360 pro come with like 1 month xbox live gold card and like a 20 gig hard drive and the elite come with the black 360 (no different but the color) and like a 120 gig hard drive a black controller (again no different it just looks better then white) and a 1 month xbox live gold the elite is the most expensive then the pro is second most and the arcade is the least but also the worse so if i was you i'd get the pro because that's all anyone really needs for an xbox and all xbox 360 come with a lifetime warrinty if it involves the red rings

• Well, the main difference is the internal hard drive memory capacity, or how much memory it has. The arcade is the cheapest Xbox, but it has the least memory. Because it has so little memory, it can only play games for the arcade. The pro is the next up. It has good memory. It can play any game you want. The Elite is the last one. It has an excessive amount of memory. When you get that one, you can store so many. Hope this helps!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Xbox 360 Archade - 256 MB storage,Standard AV cable,Game Compatibility : ALL XBOX 360 GAMES

Xbox 360 Pro - 60 GB storage,Headset,Network Cable,

STANDARD/HD AV cable,Game Compatibility : ALL XBOX 360 GAMES + OVER 300 XBOX GAMES

Xbox 360 Elite - 120 GB storage,Headset,Network Cable,

STANDARD/HD AV cable,HDMI Output,Game Compatibility : ALL XBOX 360 GAMES + OVER 300 XBOX GAMES

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Actually, Microsoft discontinued selling the Elite's with an HDMI cable included, so get one before stores sell all of those models.

Difference is hard drive space, essentially. The core unit is the same.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.