Doberman dog question?

okay I want a doberman and i mainly want one because they are good guard dogs they are said to have longer life spans of large dog breeds of their size, i want a playful dog that will also love to go running with me preferably 2 miles a day, and i want company for my small maltese dog. but i heard that if they... show more okay I want a doberman and i mainly want one because they are good guard dogs they are said to have longer life spans of large dog breeds of their size, i want a playful dog that will also love to go running with me preferably 2 miles a day, and i want company for my small maltese dog. but i heard that if they startle or get surprised or if they get to ruff housed with they can bite you just like that(not in a playful way) cause im kind of scared of that happening to my maltese because i dont want her to surprise the doberman one day while hes sleeping or something and have her being lunch to him. so pretty much the question is if my maltese would startle the doberman while hes sleeping or something would he attack my maltese by being startled? o and my maltese is female and i will get a male doberman and raise him with my maltese at puppyhood.
11 answers 11