Why can our politicians not realise that terrorists are like weeds in the garden. The will keep coming back.?

You clear them completely, or so you think, and within no time they are sprouting up everywhere again. No matter how often we eliminate the barbaric Taliban murders from their strongholds in Afghanistan they will continue to proliferate and start their bloody atrocities all over again. Would we not be better to... show more You clear them completely, or so you think, and within no time they are sprouting up everywhere again. No matter how often we eliminate the barbaric Taliban murders from their strongholds in Afghanistan they will continue to proliferate and start their bloody atrocities all over again. Would we not be better to use the military to secure our borders.
Update: Thank you "The other Grandpa. I would ask you to think about why is it that it's mainly the U.S, and G.B, which are the most threatened nations? Other major western countries such as Germany and France are not threatened nor targeted by the world's international terrorists anywhere to the same... show more Thank you "The other Grandpa. I would ask you to think about why is it that it's mainly the U.S, and G.B, which are the most threatened nations? Other major western countries such as Germany and France are not threatened nor targeted by the world's international terrorists anywhere to the same extent. Is it our constant interferring in other countries internal affairs and trying to impose "our superior"!form of administration on them not making a stick with which to beat our own backs?The citizens of Afghanistan, which appears to be the world's biggest open lunatic asylum, should be left to sort out their own internal problems. Afghanistan in particular has been occupied by numerous invaders since time immemoral, including Britain and Russia and eventually they were all forced to withdraw . Like the murderous I.R.A, here in Ireland, the bigger the military effort the greater the number of recruits. Some experts say the I.R.A's best recruitering agent was in fact the British Army.
Update 2: You see, the weeds are not a natural part of our garden, we import them and by our intrusive foreign policy encourage them to grow. To a greater or lesser extent all nations are threatened by these scumbags but we, the U.S.& G.B, are in their prime targets. In Ireland where eventually a policy of "jaw... show more You see, the weeds are not a natural part of our garden, we import them and by our intrusive foreign policy encourage them to grow. To a greater or lesser extent all nations are threatened by these scumbags but we, the U.S.& G.B, are in their prime targets. In Ireland where eventually a policy of "jaw jaw" instead of "war war", was adopted and aided by your then own good President, Bill Clinton, the violence, along with the slaughter of innocent woman and children, virtually ceased overnight. When was the last time you heard of a terrorist attack in Japan or China? Should extra emphasis not be given to a more diplomatic approach? Worth a try? It is oh so easy for the brave"Fireside Generals" to sit in the comfort of their home advocating "a military solution" while our battle weary troops face a day and night bloody struggle to keep these self propagating vermin in check. In the case of terrorism no such ridiculously naive solition exists.
Update 3: The thing is this. Absolutely and without a doubt we will sooner or later withdraw from these foreign lands but not before many a good and brave man has been killed. Would the wees not take over the garden you ask? They are not in our garden they are in various savage regimes throughout the world. Israel told... show more The thing is this. Absolutely and without a doubt we will sooner or later withdraw from these foreign lands but not before many a good and brave man has been killed. Would the wees not take over the garden you ask? They are not in our garden they are in various savage regimes throughout the world. Israel told Hammas, "keep your own Muslim extremists under control or we will do it for you". Hammas is weeding out these low lives and killing them.
Update 4: "Wineboy", now for you. I note that you only have the courage to ask a question every 2 - 3 months, but like all chicken livered yellow-bellied poltoons you prefer to sit at home and snipe from behind the anonymity this site affords recreants like you. You my dear benighted army deserter would make a good... show more "Wineboy", now for you. I note that you only have the courage to ask a question every 2 - 3 months, but like all chicken livered yellow-bellied poltoons you prefer to sit at home and snipe from behind the anonymity this site affords recreants like you. You my dear benighted army deserter would make a good renegade back shooting terrorist yourself. So, you are going to bravely fight the terrorists with the last drop of "someone else's blood", what a brave little military strategist you are, L.O.L, roars of laughter from the back stalls. Why don't you stop watching so many John Wayne war movies and wise up, grow up and shut up. Your juvenile drivel is embarrassing.
Update 5: "Beardog4". The question was intended to stimulate a thought process among intelligent people and see if anyone had a fresh approach to the apparently endless problem of the constant threat of terrorist atrocities. But predictably you along with a few other mindless sheeplike hangers-on have decided that... show more "Beardog4". The question was intended to stimulate a thought process among intelligent people and see if anyone had a fresh approach to the apparently endless problem of the constant threat of terrorist atrocities. But predictably you along with a few other mindless sheeplike hangers-on have decided that it is easier and much less stressful to leave the thinking and everything else for that matter to the C.I.A, or anyone at all' as long as it is not you. What you are really saying is, don't ask me to think as an independant individual nor to have an opinion. I will think and believe what other superior people tell me without question. I do not have the ability to think for myself and am incapable of trying to solve problems by approaching them from different directions but insread will stick rigidly to what my intellectual superiors tell me. Keep sleep walking there boy, it's easier to be a follower. When was the last time you asked a question? Don't answer for goodness sake.