Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Why can our politicians not realise that terrorists are like weeds in the garden. The will keep coming back.?

You clear them completely, or so you think, and within no time they are sprouting up everywhere again. No matter how often we eliminate the barbaric Taliban murders from their strongholds in Afghanistan they will continue to proliferate and start their bloody atrocities all over again. Would we not be better to use the military to secure our borders.

Thank you "The other Grandpa. I would ask you to think about why is it that it's mainly the U.S, and G.B, which are the most threatened nations? Other major western countries such as Germany and France are not threatened nor targeted by the world's international terrorists anywhere to the same extent. Is it our constant interferring in other countries internal affairs and trying to impose "our superior"!form of administration on them not making a stick with which to beat our own backs?The citizens of Afghanistan, which appears to be the world's biggest open lunatic asylum, should be left to sort out their own internal problems. Afghanistan in particular has been occupied by numerous invaders since time immemoral, including Britain and Russia and eventually they were all forced to withdraw . Like the murderous I.R.A, here in Ireland, the bigger the military effort the greater the number of recruits. Some experts say the I.R.A's best recruitering agent was in fact the British Army.

You see, the weeds are not a natural part of our garden, we import them and by our intrusive foreign policy encourage them to grow. To a greater or lesser extent all nations are threatened by these scumbags but we, the U.S.& G.B, are in their prime targets. In Ireland where eventually a policy of "jaw jaw" instead of "war war", was adopted and aided by your then own good President, Bill Clinton, the violence, along with the slaughter of innocent woman and children, virtually ceased overnight. When was the last time you heard of a terrorist attack in Japan or China? Should extra emphasis not be given to a more diplomatic approach? Worth a try? It is oh so easy for the brave"Fireside Generals" to sit in the comfort of their home advocating "a military solution" while our battle weary troops face a day and night bloody struggle to keep these self propagating vermin in check. In the case of terrorism no such ridiculously naive solition exists.

The thing is this. Absolutely and without a doubt we will sooner or later withdraw from these foreign lands but not before many a good and brave man has been killed. Would the wees not take over the garden you ask? They are not in our garden they are in various savage regimes throughout the world. Israel told Hammas, "keep your own Muslim extremists under control or we will do it for you". Hammas is weeding out these low lives and killing them.

"Wineboy", now for you. I note that you only have the courage to ask a question every 2 - 3 months, but like all chicken livered yellow-bellied poltoons you prefer to sit at home and snipe from behind the anonymity this site affords recreants like you. You my dear benighted army deserter would make a good renegade back shooting terrorist yourself. So, you are going to bravely fight the terrorists with the last drop of "someone else's blood", what a brave little military strategist you are, L.O.L, roars of laughter from the back stalls. Why don't you stop watching so many John Wayne war movies and wise up, grow up and shut up. Your juvenile drivel is embarrassing.

"Beardog4". The question was intended to stimulate a thought process among intelligent people and see if anyone had a fresh approach to the apparently endless problem of the constant threat of terrorist atrocities. But predictably you along with a few other mindless sheeplike hangers-on have decided that it is easier and much less stressful to leave the thinking and everything else for that matter to the C.I.A, or anyone at all' as long as it is not you. What you are really saying is, don't ask me to think as an independant individual nor to have an opinion. I will think and believe what other superior people tell me without question. I do not have the ability to think for myself and am incapable of trying to solve problems by approaching them from different directions but insread will stick rigidly to what my intellectual superiors tell me. Keep sleep walking there boy, it's easier to be a follower. When was the last time you asked a question? Don't answer for goodness sake.

Favorite Answer

Politicians are incompetent fools

However the answer is not to reteat ot our borders.

The answer is to keep eliminating Mulim Terrorists as they pop out of the caves and other holes in the ground where they hide.

Your analogy of Muslim Terrorists to weeds in a garden is a good one.

If you do not continue to eliminate the weeds in your garden the weeds will take over your garden and choke out your garden.

Alter Ego. I compare the fight in Afghanistan (and indeed parts of Pakistan) as a battle against a cancer rather than weeds in the garden.

We all hope a cure will be found in the future.

I agree, that the war isn't the cure. However, cancer has to be fought at great cost. I believe the war is actually more of a policing situation. Why I say this is as follows:

- Afghanistan (and parts of Pakistan) was/is lawless.

- This creates a situation where groups can go about their business regardless of what that business is.

- There is no law, never mind people to enforce the law.

- This is where I think that there is great value in the sacrifice of the soldiers on the ground - they are policing a lawless land and in so doing enforcing some law. Not perfect I know.

The "cure" here is a tough one as the analogy suggests. In my view America and the West must change their foreign policy of support to Israel before the West can say: "We have done all we can to appease you". This may not be the cure but it will leave the fanatics with little viable reasons to fight and thus result in their support base decreasing.

The solution to terrorism isn't purely military. To some degree, you're right about that. The solution is economic growth and prosperity. Young men who have a real opportunity to earn a decent living and raise a family are much, much less likely to become involved in terrorist activities. Please see the IRA and Northern Ireland as an example.

The thing is, that it's always been our policy, and a wise one, I think, to fight the enemy in their home, rather than waiting for them to come to our home. Warfare creates chaos and serious levels of collateral damage. It may sound harsh, but I'd rather those side effects of war not be allowed to come here.

Why can you not realize that our politicians are regularly briefed by the CIA, have a more informed grasp of the situation than you do, and are much more involved in securing our borders than you are?

Edit: I think Spain might disagree with your assessment of who's being targeted for terrorist attacks.

Definetly not. When will the U.S learn that the terrorists wanting to attack the U.S and Europe are not Taliban. Taliban is a loosely clad group of Afghan extremists. The Terrorists are sympathisers for the Muslim cause. And this sympathy comes from the relentless U.S led destruction of the middle east and Afghanistan.

You need to read up on military strategy. If you can read.

If a single word of what you say has even a shred of truth to it, then what you're advocating is a retreat. The farther out you put your perimeter, the farther away the enemy is from your base. If, as you suggest, we retreat to our own borders where in the hell do you think the battle will be?

Think now, it's not that hard...

So do you have the answers?

What do we do?

Should we just go to bed and let the weeds fill the garden?

Shall we give up and stop pulling them?

What will happen to the flowers and vegetables in the garden?

Will the weeds feed and care for them or will they choke them to death?

What is your answer to the whole weeds in the garden thing?

The war on terror that says it all what next a war on anxiety.I don't trust politicians and i don't trust the government.If someone wants to blow something up they will do it and no amount of war will ever stop that.

The concentration of terrorist attacks on te west are feeble compared to popular beleif. In fact, our reaction to it has probabely caused much more death than would have ever happened anyway.

• kati

they know that but they like to be seen doing something to make themselves look good. so sending our soldiers to be maimed or killed is their way of showing us how wonderful they are