Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar Audio · 1 decade ago

i need to make a box for a fi ssd 15" roughly 3.5-4ft it has to be ported any ideas?

http://www.wjjeeps.com/cargo_dimensions.htm this is the dimenions of my jeep roughly mine is a 99 i think this is an 09 but they look pretty close and i would have the seats up incase i wanna bring some friends along with me its a jeep grand cherokee laredo

Sealed box: N/A cuft

Ported box: 3-4 cuft @ 33Hz

Sub OD: 15.625”

Cut ID: 14.125”

Mounting depth: 8.000”

Displacement: 0.17cuft

aha yeah i guess thats a good point maybe ill just stick with a simple ported box

Favorite Answer

Your woodshop teacher would appreciate hearing from you. Your algebra teacher would too. There are many books in the library that show how to design speaker enclosures. They graph volume and port size. It really is too much information to make a simple forum-type answer.

• MDC

What are you looking for in terms of sound? Are you looking for loud output or a little bit more torward sound quality? With that info I can give you a recommendation for a size.

I did a build for that sub in a 4 cubic foot enclosure tuned to 33Hz and it sounded great. It had very good output and pretty good sound quality. If you are looking for better sound quality then I would change the design. If you are looking for more output without much sound quality then I would also recommend a slightly different design.

Good Luck!!!