I need feedback from US Marines about PFC?

My Marine recruiters told me they're going to give me PFC before i ship, I want to know if this will put more pressure on me in boot camp or if it will make any difference what-so-ever?

Favorite Answer

Some recruits may come to recruit training as PFC or even LCpl depending on education level, but it doesn't really matter at the recruit training. Everybody will be treated pretty much the same. Everybody get smoked. However, it'll reflect on your pay. So if you are PFC, you'll get paid as E-2, while in recruit training.

In boot camp everyone is a recruit, your rank is not an issue until after you graduate. You will have a great advantage in your promotional time frame due to getting PFC before you start. You'll learn real quick that everyone starts at zero upon arival at MCRD. Your motivation and leadership is what is going to decide your boot camp experience, but remember, that is only the beginning, life in the Marines is great after that. And finally, you'll get paid more as a PFC. Congrats on your decision and good luck. Semper Fi!

Recruits are getting paid while in Boot Camp, so you will get paid at E-2 (PFC) rate instead of E-1 (Pvt.) rate.

While in boot camp, it will not matter, you will still be a recruit, and all recruits are equally scum in the eyes of your DI. We actually had a contract LCpl. in my Boot Camp platoon when I went through many many years ago... asides from being the platoon guide until he screwed up massively and got fired (and obviously his E-3 pay rate), he got nothing special while in training.

At your grad ceremony, though, you will wear a chevron for your rank and will receive the distinction of your rank from that point on.