Tom R asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

what old movie had cars banned in it and had a guy with a old race car running around in it ?

I also remember thay had a guy with a jet fighter chaseing him the guy would go to old gas stations and pull gas from the bottem of the tanks for fuel I would think it is a late 60's early 70's movie

Favorite Answer

The Last Chase (1981)

starring Lee Majors, Chris Makepeace, Burgess Meredith, Alexandra Stewart

IMDb synopsis:

In a future United States, the only transport available to an individual is public transportation. Predicated on an assertion that "the oil has run out", an increasingly totalitarian central government has ordered all personal vehicles be impounded by law. One man, a former race car driver, yearns again for his ability to choose his own roads and destiny. He reassembles his race car hidden from confiscation and sets out for "Free California" which has broken away from the new regime, aided by a young technically savvy teen who feels alienated from this "social" society. Agents of the new government must stop this man at any cost to destroy the symbology he represents, and the instability that such a desire for personal autonomy could mean to the society. An old Korean War veteran and his F-86 Sabre jet are called into service to chase down this dangerous man, and end his flouting of the will of the state.

Here's Part 1 on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtA48WJQxJc

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

Believe it or not, I have this in my vast collection of videotaped movies! I haven't watched it for many years but plan to catch it on YouTube rather than digging through tapes. I generally have at least three movies on a tape, so that takes some looking!