Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

Could Woodstock Ever Happen Again?

It was the perfect, happiest happening of music. I think that because it was such a surprise, it could never happen again, but thats what all the festivals try to recreate. Also, does that mean that music will never have such a peak again?

Favorite Answer

no..i was 12 when woodstock happened....it was one of the worst shows the dead ever played, and despite some great performances, it wasn't the best show for many acts that were there. in many ways woodstock was a total disaster, and is notable for who didn't play there.

however, it's amusing how revisionist history treats woodstock and the 60's....

there's no recreating it, nothing about it ,no matter how hard you try, it will never be surpassed or duplicated. It was a once in a lifetime event, a part of 60's history as it should be. Festival organizers need to quit trying to relive the past. It's just NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!

i don't think woodstock would ever happen again, sad to say. there could be another concert like woodstock but woodstock happened at the right time, in the right place, with the right people.

I guess the closest thing we'll ever have to Woodstock is Glastonbury Festival.

I was not alive when Woodstock took place :(

I don't think anything will ever come close to being as great as Woodstock; but do I *wish* it could happen again? hellz yeah. i would give up anything to go to Woodstock. :// why, oh why, did have to be born 26 years later?!

Maybe Woodstock Online. I don't think too many people have the will to walk out their front doors.

there can never be another Woodstock. It doesnt matter who you would have perform where it is or how many people showed up it will never be matched especially as crappy as most of todays music is anyway

after 8 years of war in Afghanistan one Woodstock might be sorely needed.

They tried, with Woodstock 99. It didn't really work out.

you know i would like to say yes but sadly probably not i was watching it on vh1 nd they said they tried to re copy it but ppl were acting in violence nd attack the band so no nd plus most of the greats r dead or retired