What genre/artists should I look to to find Piano Jazz?

You know what I mean, the kind of jazz they play in bars and restaurants. The piano part is the most important. Does anyone know good artists, or a subgenre of jazz that's mostly calm and piano-y?

• Sparky
    Favorite Answer

I would add the following to Piano Jazz Man's list:

Alice Coltrane

Duke Ellington

Gene Harris

Harry Connick, Jr.

Kenny Barron

Erroll Garner

Ray Charles

Art Tatum

Diana Krall

Eliane Elias

Monty Alexander

Count Basie

Nat "King" Cole

I don't listen to jazz music so I can't give you any artists, but you could try searching for "Piano Jazz" at www.pandora.com. It is an internet radio site that will play the artists, songs, or genre's that you search for. It will then compile many different songs and you can choose a 'thumbs down' if you don't like the song and it will skip it, or you can choose a 'thumbs up' and it will remember that you like it. Basically its a wonderful site that can choose many different songs that either sound like the artist you search for or songs in the same genre.

Source(s): Been using the site for almost a year and I have found many new songs and bands from it.

bill evans

oscar peterson

hank jones

danilo perez

chick corea

keith jarrett

look into billy childs.

he is preety good.