Scott asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Whats the biggest interleague rivalry in the MLB?

Yankees vs Mets

Yankees vs Dodgers

Marlins vs Rays

White Sox vs Cubs

Orioles vs Nationals

Rangers vs Astros

Indians vs Reds

Giants vs Athletics

Angels vs Dodgers

Royals vs Cardinals

Twins vs Brewers

or something else?

and WHY?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

White Sox vs Cubs. It is an oddity to find someone who is a fan of both teams.

The Expos vs Jays was pretty good back before the relocation.

• 1 decade ago

Cubs -- White Sox. The Cubs have the larger fan base and play in a residential neighborhood on the North Side. The White Sox play on the much rougher South Side. The Cubs have not won a World Series since 1908. They have not even been in a World Series since 1945. The White Sox had not won a World Series from 1917 to 2005 and had not been in one before 2005 since 1959. The World Series win by the White Sox in 2005 certainly must have bothered the long-suffering Cub fans.

I don't think Yankee fans care about the Mets. The Yankees' rivals are 200 miles north in Boston and that is who the Yankee fans want to see lose. The Angels call themselves LA but they play in Orange County. LA County and Orange County are next to each other, but Orange County might as well be on Taiwan for all LA people care. Marlins and Rays? Do the 15 people who go to a Marlins Rays interleague game even know that they are not in the nursing home while they are at the game?

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Cubs vs. White Sox both those teams hate each other and that rivalry divides the town.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I liked the White Sox vs Cubs...I just remember one year where they had a bench clearing brawl or was that Rangers vs Astros

any who both are cool to watch

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yanks vs. Mets. New York rivalry baby.

• 1 decade ago

Yankees vs Mets - just because both teams have so many fans, & its always been that way, lol.

• Joe
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I think that it is the White Sox vs. Cubs

• 1 decade ago

They're all great for people living in that area. Living in the Anaheim area the "freeway series" is awesome.

But for a New Yorker it'll be the Mets-Yankees (Subway series? I think that's what it's called)

and so on for all of those, depends on the area.

• 1 decade ago

Twins vs Brewers BABY

Lets go Twins

• 1 decade ago

Yankees vs. Mets... Both NY... ppl thrive to see that series... Subway series baby!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.