Choose the program you want to use to open this file?

Yesterday I got the "Windows Antivirus Pro" rogue program. I suspected that it was fake so I called someone up to give me step by step instructions of how to get rid of it. The last thing that I had to do was to go to the Registry Editor (Run > regedit) and take some stuff off. I tried accessing the... show more Yesterday I got the "Windows Antivirus Pro" rogue program. I suspected that it was fake so I called someone up to give me step by step instructions of how to get rid of it. The last thing that I had to do was to go to the Registry Editor (Run > regedit) and take some stuff off. I tried accessing the Registry Editor and was greeted with the "Choose the program you want to use to open this file" message. Now, every "exe." file I try to open gets this message.

Can anyone tell me how, or give me a link that tells me how to fix this problem?

Additional details:
I'm running Windows XP home.
Windows Antivirus Pro info: http://www.xp-vista.com/spyware-removal/...
Update: It wasn't a virus, it was a program that seizes function of your computer. I wiped all the files that the program had on my computer, now I just need to fix the settings or something to get rid of the "Choose the program you want to use to open this file" problem.
Update 2: The program/virus/malware is not on my computer anywhere. I just need to fix the "Choose the program you want to use to open this file" thing..