Is Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry a good read?

Due to school complications, the book I was reading this whole summer wasn't on the list for the new school I'm going to attend this year. I was looking through their reading list and noticed Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry. I previously read The Giver, but I wonder if Gathering is worth the read. It seems... show more Due to school complications, the book I was reading this whole summer wasn't on the list for the new school I'm going to attend this year. I was looking through their reading list and noticed Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry. I previously read The Giver, but I wonder if Gathering is worth the read. It seems interesting and I liked The Giver. Any thoughts for the book from those who read it? It would help a lot. But please try NOT GIVE ME ANY SPOILERS. But if you don't think I should read it, please recommend which books you liked if you read them.

My Brother Sam is Dead……....C. /J.L. Collier
Seventeenth Summer……………….....M. Daly
River Thunder……………………......W. Hobbs
Summer of My German Soldier…....B. Greene
White Fang…………………………....J. London
Z for Zachariah……………………....R. O’Brien
The Road To Memphis…………....M.D. Taylor
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer……..M. Twain
Dicey’s Song…………………………....C. Voight
Homecoming…………………………...C. Voight
A Solitary Blue………………………...C. Voight
Farewell to Manzanar……………..W. Houston

I already read Dicey's Song by Cynthia Voigt and did a project on it, but I'm not sure if I should do a project on it again.