Chris
Chris asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 decade ago

Chuck Liddell on Dancing with the Stars: Good or bad for MMA?

I mean while it is exposure for the sports lets also face facts, it is extremely lame. Hopefully he does not land on the microphone pack and injure his back like Steve O. Do you like the move or hate it? I think it could be entertaining, heck I will probably watch the first night but will it help or hurt MMA? There is a such a thing as being too mainstream when you are sport just breaking into the mainstream.

Best Answer

I think it is good. It show fighters' more human side.

I think public got caught up with what they see in the ring/cage and forget that the fighters actually are a human.

Some of the fighters are some of the nicest, down to earth, and funniest person around. So it'd be good for MMA to get more exposure that way.

• .

It really has no serious impact on MMA, sportsmen of all sorts turn up on these type of shows all the time - in the end he's only representing himself. So long as Chuck doesn't appear punch drunk, it won't be of any consequence. If anything it might dispell some people's illusions that all 'cagefighters' are knuckledragging sadists, since Chuck comes across as a pretty personable guy.

In all seriousness, they could've further Chuck in with Slayer enjoying Raining Blood stay after that have DMX carry out Intro stay and Shogun nonetheless might have thoroughly obliterated Chuck. Shogun replaced into/is in simple terms on an entire different point.

Potentially hilarious if he instinctively knocks his dancing partner out after she throws a high kick.

Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg come out of nowhere Goldberg:"It's AAAAALLLLL OVER! Chuck the Iceman Liddell is back!"

Joe: Man I've got goosebumps after seeing that! This is the type win Chuck needed to reestablish himself.

Did you forget that RANDY COUTURE was on Dancing with the Stars?? I think he's a little bigger than Chuck Liddell. Either way I think it's hilarious to see them do a waltz when they should be knocking someone around.

God bless Chuck for taking this up. It will be funny.

While I love Chuck and think it's great he's doing this...I'd be willing to wager someone like Anderson Silva might have a better shot at winning the whole thing...he's Brazilian like Helio, isn't he?

• Jim

It'll hurt MMA about as much as George Foreman Grills hurt boxing. No help, no hinderance.

1 It's actually very entertaining.

2 It can't hurt. It's not like people are going to think he's a punk. His rep as a hard@$$ will always be intact. And it'll show that the fighters aren't dumb apes who only try to kill each other.

He's pretty cool for doing that, he's not one of those ignorant tard men that think dancing is just for girls or that it's gay etc.

But you know what would really be funny, chuck dancing ballei or something hahahah

to someone "below"...mma is not mainstream! until casual people know who GSP, BJ Penn, and Matt Hughes are, it is NOT mainstream! youy have to have crossover fans. my girlfriend has heard of De. la Hoya, Pacquiao, Hopkins, Roy Jones, etc, but she could not name an MMA star to save her life!!