Nezz asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 decade ago

How do I fire my stock broker?

and how do I transfer my stock investments to another broker?

5 Answers

  • ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Hi Nezz!

    If I were you I would call the broker and tell him not to trade anything in your account as you want to make a change.

    Find a broker you can work with, and take a recent statement from your current broker when you meet with your new person. The statement should have all the information your new broker needs to do an ACAT (broker acronym meaning account transfer). You won't need to do much more than fill out a new account form.

    Make sure you have copies of all the paperwork you sign with the new broker just in case of a snafu.

    Hope this helps.


  • 1 decade ago

    Hire another broker. They will take care of account transfers. You won't even need to talk to your previous broker.

  • 1 decade ago


    call up your brokerage firm and speak to a supervisor, and request your account be transfered to another broker in the firm. If they ask why, simply say you don't have a good charma with your assigned broker,and would like to have another broker to handle your account.

    Source(s): lifes experience
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Just go to another broker that you prefer and have them transfer and/or ACAT your account at the other firm to your new broker, its actually very common and easy to do. You don't need to have any contact with your old broker if you don't want to. : )

    Good Luck.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Find the broker you would like to take over your account. They will do the firing for you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.