AMIE™[CCFC] asked in SportsWrestling · 1 decade ago

Who Do You Think Is WWE Superstar Of The Year, So Far?

For 2009, who do you think?

Not being bias. But, IMO, superstar of the year is CM Punk. He made history this year by winning MITB for second year running which is a massive achievement. He became World Heavyweight champion for the second time. He has also made a pretty successful heel turn. He has had some fantastic moments this year, including several occasions of trying to cash in. Beating Jeff Hardy at Extreme Rules to become champion. He's defended his title in some decent matches, and he's really making a big name for himself. I think he's improved most out of any WWE superstar this year, he's really making a statement.

So who is your superstar of the year?

BQ: Do you think WWE should have kept Eugene and bought him back properly? Or do you think he should just quit and his gimmick wouldn't work nowadays? I mean, he was kinda funny back when we had Uncle Eric Bischoff and some of his segments with HHH and The Rock. Or do you think it was right for him to be released after his appearance against 'The Calgary Kid' , AKA, The MIZ!?

Star if u want.

Amie never asked for a star, you're kinda blind. Star if you want, isn't asking.

Favorite Answer

Well as far as superstar of the year and I am going to be part biased in this but still he has done a lot this year and could be considered more than anyone as superstar of the year. I am of course talking about Randy Orton, with making history winning the Royal Rumble for the first time in his career and also he has won the title twice this year and has kept it for a considerable amount of time, He has done things as well to keep the title and had a few great matches this year, which I think everyone of his matches are great but as far as I'm concerned matches that most people can't deny that were great were The No disqualification match on RAW before WrestleMania or before Backlash I can't quite remember which PPV in which he faced Triple H, that match was exciting and they both showed how well thwy know each other in that ring.

Another Match I would say was great on his part was the fatal four way on RAW in which he won the WWE title once again by defeating John Cena, Triple H , and the Big Show this match was pretty exciting throughout and Orton hit a big RKO on Big Show for the finish. Also won more match that was really good was the Night of Champions when he faced off against John Cena and Triple H in the Triple Threat match for the WWE title and a great ending where Orton once again keeps the WWE title. Randy Orton has done a lot so far this year to be considered as one of the top superstars and in my opinion he is the best superstar in the WWE and he is the best so far this year.

BQ: I think it's better for him to just quit his gimmick now it seems to have gotten old and just isn't that funny anymore.

• I would probably say CM Punk

CM Punk is one of the biggest assets in Smackdown today and he is the one responsible to carry Smackdown. Jeff Hardy winning at Night of Champions was for the sake of storyline because if Punk won, than Jeff would have absolutely nothing to do until Summerslam. Other than that, WWE has done a fantastic job with CM Punk and how he's progressing. CM Punk's momentum isn't killed yet and he took another huge heel turn when he attacked Jeff after the matches. CM Punk's heel turn was picture perfect and he was doing a great job playing his heel gimmick. CM Punk is actually considered a major superstar now and he has been getting massive popularity from the fans. He's also had some great matches with numerous superstars such as Jeff Hardy, John Morrison, Chris Jericho, Edge, and others. CM Punk has also been the IC champion this year and won the MITB the second time. CM Punk has been impressive this year and I'm glad that WWE is finally booking him correctly.

CM Punk's gimmick has also been perfectly played out so far with him preaching about how great it is to be straightedge. He is already getting a huge amount of fan heat for his gimmick. CM Punk has been the conflicted champion and its exciting to watch him every week because he is unpredictable. CM Punk has done a great job in his promos expressing his distaste for the fans and Jeff Hardy. WWE might be possibly turning CM Punk into a coward, but so far i don't think any superstar has been booked as well as CM Punk. His assault on Jeff only furthered his heel gimmick and he seems to be the one to take the world championships away from Jeff by Summerslam. CM Punk has also given us some fantastic promos about being straightedge and he's definitely elevated his game compared from the past. Chris Jericho is also right up there, but we can't deny that CM Punk has improved his status in the WWE by a wide margin.

BQ: Eugene is actually a good wrestler and his purpose in WWE was to take care of some of the younger talent and newer superstars. Eugene's character wouldn't interest the fans that much because there are weird superstars like Goldust and Eugene joining WWE with his gimmick wouldn't be a wise decision. I personally don't think he should have been released because he's a talented wrestler and they should have given him a different gimmick that would actually work. I don't understand why WWE released Eugene.

Jeff Hardy He Has Been Through Alot This Year

Fuead with Matt Hardy

Fued With Cm Punk

Lost Tittle The Minute He Got It

And Little More

Randy Orton since he's been the world champion the longest and was the leader in the McMahon Family storyline. That is the biggest storyline of the year thus far.

No. I don't like a 40 year old acting with the intellgence of a 3 year old.

Eugene was just used for that one match for to continue to push The Miz.

• John A

Jeff Hardy

For me so far 2009 has been the exact same story as 2008, its been the Chris Jericho show. Everytime Jericho shows up its interesting and grabs your attention, he's had great matches on superstars, raw and smackdown his feuds are always a reason to tune in to the WWE and he's character is more and more interesting as it goes on. The fact Jericho misuses long words in his promos just adds to the interest in his promos, people boo being called these words not knowing it means something completely random, which in no way can be taken as an insult, Jericho returned the IC title to something like its former glory and then was given the tag team titles to save, Jericho is one of the biggest stars the WWE has who isn't effected by a loss to the young stars. Jericho has been 2009 so far for me.

BQ: there was little point bringing back Eugene as a character but Nick Dismore was a talented worker would could have had a gimmick change and done something for the mid card. Eugene wouldn't have worked without Uncle Eric being ashamed of him. I think they had plans to have him be a trainer for FCW or the diva's ect but that fell through and so he was released completely.

People will think that I'm bias also, but it's really gotta be CM Punk. Punk won the Intercontinental Championship in January against William Regal. He would lose the title to JBL but would bounce back bigtime at WM XXV when he won the Money in the Bank briefcase for the second time. He cashed it in on Jeff Hardy at Extreme Rules & started a heel turn, which I gotta say is very good. He cuts great promos, and his matches are nothing short of top-flight. He's one of the best in-ring workers in the WWE right now & IMO, CM Punk is the 2009 Superstar of The Year.

BQ: WWE should've at least given Eugene a chance to prove he's much more of a good in-ring worker & given him a new gimmick. Eugene has stated himself that he hated the gimmick & wanted a new one.

• It's a close race between punk and jericho for me. Punk has absolutely stepped up and demonstrated that he is a main eventer and his heel turn is fantastic. Jericho, on the other hand, has shown that he can bring heat to ANY storyline and is still one of the best in ring workers in wwe.

IDK, I was never too comfortable with the whole 'wrestling retard' character he had been given. But it might have given Miz a little more heel heat to have beaten him after people had been allowed to get behind Eugene and not on his return.

John Cena, John Morrison, or Jeff Hardy

BQ: Yea i thought Eugene shouldve stayed n the wwe

welll jeff and punk hav had a great year but i reckon if dolph ziggler beats rey ant summerslam i reckon his had the best year so far and also i reckon jack swagger has had a great year as well all this young talent is doing great

bq: no euegene should jst becum a trainer i dnt like im as a in ring wrestler