Virus??? Cant access the internet.?

Hi, Let me start by first giving you the basic info. I use a compaq pesario cq60. it runs on win vista home basic and i normaly use IE8 to browse the net.For antivirus, i have norton internet security which came pre-installed in the machine. Though the virus definition database is over 365 days old. Internet... show more Hi,
Let me start by first giving you the basic info. I use a compaq pesario cq60. it runs on win vista home basic and i normaly use IE8 to browse the net.For antivirus, i have norton internet security which came pre-installed in the machine. Though the virus definition database is over 365 days old.
Internet connectivity, i got a huawei e160 modem. ISP is one of the local mobile phone operators(safaricom). Am sure the modem is working fine coz it works perfectly well on other computers. Thats why i think a virus is causing this problem.
After loading the first webpage i always seem to lose internect connectivity forcing me to reconnect and load another single webpage!!.
Please help me with this. Your suggestions will be appreciated.