So, if "in God we Trust" why is Marijuana Illegal? " then God made every plant and herb bearing seed"?

". . . and saw that it was Good" From the book of Genesis. First chapter, of the first book, of the Bible

It seems to me that "Christians" only want to have Faith in God when it suits their twisted mentality.

Update:

Umm, Tobacco is Legal and kills hundreds world wide every day.

Morning Glory has a Heroin high that kills.

No One has Ever Died from Marijuana.

And while THC may be present in the system of a dead person, it didn't Kill them.

Also, Alcohol has Killed more Rock and Country music stars then all other substances combined.

So like the question asks. Why "In God We Trust" only when it suits ones Mentallity?

Update 2:

God may have created the Ingredants for Meth, Heroin, Crack, LSD, amphedimines, barbituates, etc . . ., He DID NOT Combine them into those substances! That Stupid kind of Logic means God started; WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War 1 and 2.

Update 3:

Rabbit and others. Gods didn't make it Illegal. And what is Immoral about using what God has made? You people have No Problem Breathing in all the chemicals produced by Automobile Exhaust. Or Eating Man Made Chemicals everyday. MSG and High Frutose Corn Syrup are Killing you and you suck that crap down how many times a day?

My arguement is Logical.

Update 4:

Mathew, so do I. They are the Liberal Christians the conservatives don't actknowlage.

Update 5:

Poison plants and Mushrooms are NOT Illegal. This is another Point of Stupidity in the Marijuana laws.

Update 6:

Joker; Good Answer!

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Wow are there some stupid answers here.

1. It doesn't need to be smoked, you can eat it. And its a lot easier than making "holy wine" BTW. Or you can smoke it, much like tobacco, full of legal narcotics, which is used in various religous cerimonies.

2. Christians are sheep. As sheep, they follow the leader, be it god or the laws of some atheist corporate slug/politician.

3. Before people attempt to answer a question, they should do themselves a favor, and do some research so they don't sound so stupid.

A Little history on prohibition.

Many people assume that marijuana (A mexican slang word meaning "loco weed" that was used to strike fear into the hearts on small minded, uneducated masses) was made illegal through some kind of process involving scientific, medical, and government hearings; that it was to protect the citizens from what was determined to be a dangerous drug.

The actual story shows a much different picture. Those who voted on the legal fate of this plant never had the facts, but were dependent on information supplied by those who had a specific agenda to deceive lawmakers. You'll see below that the very first federal vote to prohibit cannibis (The proper name for this plant) was based entirely on a documented lie on the floor of the Senate.

You'll also see that the history of cannibis's criminalization is filled with:

Racism

Fear

Protection of Corporate Profits

Yellow Journalism

Ignorant, Incompetent, and/or Corrupt Legislators

Personal Career Advancement and Greed

These are the actual reasons cannibis is illegal.

Background:

For most of human history, cannibis has been completely legal. It's not a recently discovered plant, nor is it a long-standing law. Cannibis has been illegal for less than 1% of the time that it's been in use. Its known uses go back further than 7,000 B.C. and it was legal as recently as when Ronald Reagan was a boy.

The cannibis (hemp) plant, of course, has an incredible number of uses. The earliest known woven fabric was apparently of hemp, and over the centuries the plant was used for food, incense, cloth, rope, and much more. Did you know that one acre of hemp produces four times as much paper, as one acre of trees. Hemp oil could be used as a green fuel. The cannibis plant is also one of the best CO2 scrubbing and O2 producing plants on earth.

The Mexican Connection

In the early 1900s, the western states developed significant tensions regarding the influx of Mexican-Americans. The revolution in Mexico in 1910 spilled over the border, with General Pershing's army clashing with bandit Pancho Villa. Later in that decade, bad feelings developed between the small farmer and the large farms that used cheaper Mexican labor. Then, the depression came and increased tensions, as jobs and welfare resources became scarce.

One of the "differences" seized upon during this time was the fact that many Mexicans smoked "marijuana" and had brought the plant with them, and it was through this that California apparently passed the first state cannibis law, outlawing "preparations of hemp, or loco weed."

In the eastern states, the "problem" was attributed to a combination of Latin Americans and black jazz musicians. Cannibis and jazz traveled from New Orleans to Chicago, and then to Harlem, where the drug became an indispensable part of the music scene, even entering the language of the black hits of the time (Louis Armstrong's "Muggles", Cab Calloway's "That Funny Reefer Man", Fats Waller's "Viper's Drag").

Again, racism was part of the charge against cannibis, as newspapers in 1934 editorialized: "Marihuana influences Negroes to look at white people in the eye, step on white men's shadows and look at a white woman twice."

Now I have a question. Why is it easier for a 13 year old to obtain herion than it is to buy a pack of cigarettes or a six-pack of beer? Because drug dealers dont ID. Why aren't there seedy alcohol dealers in back alleys fighting over territory? Because its legal. Prohibition didn't work then, and it doesn't work now.

Legalize them to

A) Regulate them and take drugs out of the hands of kids,

B) Tax them to reverse this mounting debt

C) Create thousands of jobs

D) Relieve pressure on law enforcement

E) Relieve pressure on the court system

F) Put drug cartels out of business

G) Put the street gangs out of business

H) Lower crime in neighborhoods

I) Lower the violence in the streets

Source(s): Common Sense, Life
  • 1 decade ago

Well, what about the poison mushrooms, that cause liver failure? And the poisonous berries? You get my point. Isn't this all along the same line?

It's good that you question these things. Shows you aren't mislead easily. But, if following the logic of "if God made it, then we should consume it" then a lot of people would be getting sick or dying. And I doubt that's what God intended.

Best wishes.

• 1 decade ago

It's illegal because of William Randolph Hearst's smear campaign against it to protect his holdings in the lumber industry because hemp was becoming popular and starting to replace lumber as a means to create paper. Then alcohol companies joined in in funding the smear campaign to produce such movies as reefer madness. This campaign turned public opinion against it, which changed the law, which made people believe it to be immoral. Why do people link the law with morality? Many believe it's immoral to drink before 21 but as soon as you turn 21 it's okay? People need to think for themselves.

• 1 decade ago

i think oyu are totally right dude.

to the other ppl that doesn try weed cause its "bad" or "illegal"

you guys need to think more,isnt coke the wrost thing u coudl drink?yet cause it can be dominated by the elite and the goverment its legal.

istn alcohol and tobacco worst than marihuana?well yes but those can me managed very well so ppl are under theyr control

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

God made a mistake but wasn't aware of it until the christian right who started a war with the textile industry discovered it

God said thanks --- and the police were called in all praise the Lord

• J P
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

And God also created the ingredients and chemical processes that make Crack and Meth.

There are any number of reasonable arguments for legalizing marijuana. This isn't one of them.

• 1 decade ago

this is true, and of course all religions are man made,as it is written "And on the sixth day man created god,because he did not have enough faith to believe in himself," and it came to pass and there was a decree throughout the land that man would create God and tell many lies in Gods name

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nice try. Perhaps fox glove should be legal to put in people's food and drink? Cyanide is rendered from cyanate which occurs naturally in vegetables and root plants.

• 6 years ago

I was going to answer your question. Then I saw what a narrow minded bigot you were and decided you don't deserve one.

• Rabbit
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

In your mind's eye, God made the materials. But man is the one who is bending them to his will, using them in immoral, unethical or illegal ways.

I'm not religious, but really...logic has not been made by your argument.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.