Suggestions for holiday destination.?

I am starting to plan a 2010 summer holiday and am trying yo find the best location to go. I am in my early 20ies and will be going with a couple of friends probably for about 2 weeks. Somewhere fun and adventures would be nice, with good weather. The holiday isn't about partying. Culture, experiences and activities would be good. The options so far are:

Europe

There isn't really anything that is saying much to me here as I live in Belgium. However I am open to suggestions.

USA

- Hawaii

- California ?

- New York ?

- Florida ?

* not very exotic, but could be fun. I have already been to all of them when I was younger.

- Kenya

- Madagascar

- India

- Singapore

- Tokyo

- Thailand

- Brazil

- Ecuador

- Cuba

- Mexico

- Jamaica

- Cuba

- Dominican Republic

Any other suggestions would be nice. If you have been to any of these places could you tell me how much you enjoyed it/didn't enjoy it.

Favorite Answer

Australia, amazing country

I suggest you Mexico.

You can choose from an enormous variety of sites, depending on the climate (desert, temperate, wet) type of adventure and about culture you have more than enough. What I see is that you are planing to do it for 2 weeks, this isn´t much but you could visit the Yucatan Peninsula for a nice warm and humid wheater (not including Cancun which is only tourism to party) incredible landscape + lots of maya history.

Since Cuba is an island I think you could visit a lot of beautiful places, learn and enjoy the music, dance and hospitality of latin people. Cuba is an incredible place to visit, very different and I am sure you could plan something really awesome there.

Anyway no matter where you go you will find amazing stuff if you have your eyes really open. Good luck and have a nice trip

Why don't you do a multi destination holiday, i tend to do these as you see a lot more. I do the first week sightseeing and then the last week at a beach resort.

Hows about:

NY (5 nights) & Florida (9 nights) or NY & somewhere in California

Thailand & Singapore

Cuba & Jamaica

Some of my multi destinations have been:

Kuala Lumpur & Borneo (loved it)

Brazil (Rio, Iguassu & Salvador) - OK

S Africa - (fly drive about 6 stop offs) - OK

Kenya ( 4 night SAFARI & remainder was beach resort) - this was most excellent!

If money were no object and travelling time didn't bother me, i would do:

Thailand, Cambodia & Vietnam

or

Peru & Ecuador (Galapagos Islands)

If you choose California, its a very big place you would need to hire a car to see everything

I would suggest you visit Cordoba in Spain,and learn something about "the empire of Islam" also particularly Medina Azahara, which was the new royal city erected after Abd. al. Rahman III declared the Caliphate of Cordoba separate from Damascus, in the tenth century. Thats enough information so now go find out for your self the rest. And you will then be able to write up an absorbing essay.

Hi,

I absolutely love Thailand as a destination. The weather is great, it is still rather cheap and there are plenty of things to do. You can lay on the beach, go kayaking, diving, elephant trekking, drive around the islands on a scooter etc etc.

I have been to a few places and like Phuket as a starting point. Check out my blog at http://igotthetravelbug2009.blogspot.com/2009/08/w... for more info about where to go in Phuket and around,

I absolutely loved Cuba, full of real culture and you can go to Club Tropicana for an excellent night out. It is also a very safe place (probably because the residents are far to scared to commit any crime) and the people are lovely to speak to. Plus they seem to have no concept of drinks measures, so their cocktails can be rather strong!

Bali island.

Thats good location to spend holiday. It has a nice tropical weather, so many beautiful beach, temple, lake, etc.

It also has an extra ordinary culture. Compare to europe and usa, bali is the cheapest place.

Thailand is also a good place to go. I suggest you to go to asian country. It'll totally refresh your mind, b/c it has totally different society.

Have fun then...

I would suggest Australia, Queensland/Melbourne its good weather in Queensland usually humid/warm Melbourne is CRAZY for shopping!!! the weather is unusual it changes a lot one second its raining the next its sunny (exaggerated)

Source(s): Living in Australia, Melbourne planning to go to Queensland because of nice weather and a wedding of my relative.

Well Greece is a good destination for summer.

You can go to Mykonos or Paros if you want a lot of clubing and night life.

But if you want something more calm you can go to Tinos,Andros,Spetses.

What about Morocco? u can visit marrakech, fez, essaouira... The weather is almost always sunny , u will enjoy there!