Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 1 decade ago

Computer virus, what language are they written in?

I am doing this project about them, and i have a few questions

1. What is the majority of comptuer virus's written in

2. What are the majority of worms written in

3. Can a virus be written in any language?

Favorite Answer

Viruses and worms are probably both written with similar languages since they are not very different from each other.

Viruses and worms can be written in any computer language, but my guess is that they are written in C or C++ mostly, since C and C++ are relatively low-level languages compared to Visual Basic, C#, etc.

(Low-level languages make it easier to access the computer hardware and operating system, which is what a virus/worm usually needs to do).

• 7 years agoReport

probably ...
      your guess is.....
      if you don't know don't answer

2

Source(s): Amazing Protection Antivirus Software - http://MoveAntiVirus.com/?bZbG

3. Yes, so 1 and 2 are irrelevant. They've been written in assembly, C, various scripting languages, macro languages and almost certainly in others. (I'm not a virus expert, so I can only tell you about the ones I've seen myself.) A virus is just a program (which is why it's so difficult for an anti-virus program to find them, so it can be written in any language that will run on the computer. ("Virus" and "worm" are used interchangeably - they mean self-replicating program.)

(.exe is not a language, it's a file format. ANY language that can be compiled can be compiled to an exe file.)

• 7 years agoReport

1. and 2. are not irrelevant, he is asking about the majority of viruses and worms. just because they can be written in any language does not say anything about the majority. the only thing irrelevant is you.

• sheets

Languaje of conversing, or language of programming, like C???? Are written some in C, different in seen common(like trojans), yet maximum in many situations in C, compiled in a Linux device.

It all depends on what kind of a virus it is.

I think Visual Basic is still used to make viruses, but most have probably moved to C++.

Yes it can be written in any language.

I suggest you use google.

• 7 years agoReport

thanks for suggesting searching on google how we haven't thought of that. idiot

All viruses do not exist as a spoken language, but rather exist as long strings of code in the binary system. To put it simply they only exist as long strings of 1's and 0's and any "pop-ups" that they create are most likely in the language of the person who created the virus or the site that the virus was attached to.

• Chloe5 years agoReport

the answer was written six years ago, but im still pretty mad because thats the dumbest answer ive heard

.exe is the most common virus language. It has to be an executable file. Viruses cannot be written every language.