Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 decade ago

Why do so many people love Dolly Parton?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

She is a great singer and songwriter but more importantly I love Dolly because she is such an incredibly wonderful human being!! Although she has no children of her own, she and her husband partly raised several of Parton's younger siblings at their home in Nashville. Her and her husband are are also the sole guardians of a family friend’s son, whose parents died within two years of each other!!

Dolly Parton has listed almost 600 songs with Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI) to date and has earned 37 BMI awards for her material!!

She not only can sing and write songs but can also play the autoharp, banjo, drums, dulcimer, fiddle, guitar, harmonica, pennywhistle and piano!!

She has acted,been in her own tv show, and in 1979 she received an Emmy award nomination as "Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Variety Program" for her guest appearance in a Cher special!!

She has also created The Dollywood Foundation. Every child in Sevier County, Tennessee, the area where she was born and raised, is eligible to receive a free age-appropriate book each month in the mail until the age of five! Talk about giving children a great start before they enter school!!

She has also worked to raise money on behalf of several other causes, including the American Red Cross and a number of HIV/AIDS-related charities She also pledged $500,000 toward a proposed $90-million hospital and cancer center to be constructed in Sevierville in the name of Dr. Robert F. Thomas, the physician who delivered her; she also announced plans for a benefit concert to raise additional funds for the project. The concert went ahead playing to about 8,000 people.

In May 2009, Dolly gave the Graduating Commencement Address at the University of Tennessee. Her speech was about her life lessons, and she encouraged the graduates to never stop dreaming!!

Talk about an incredible human being, who should be given more publicity for what she has done so children growing up now have a wonderful role model!!

Thanks for asking the question :)

You better get to livin', givin'

Don't forget to throw in a little forgivin'

And lovin' on the way

You better get to knowin', showin'

A little bit more concerned about where you're goin'

Be willing and forgivin'

Cause all healing has to start with you

You better stop whining, pining

Get your dreams in line

And then just shine, design, refine

Until they come true

Don't sweat the small stuff

Keep your chin up

Just hang tough

Don't waste one minute of this life

Get to livin'

Share your dreams and share your laughter

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well i've been a Dolly fan ever sense i was 5. And i have always loved her voice. But she's a good actress,song writer,and plenty more things. I think she is pure and kind. And i think people give her to hard of a time about the way she looks.

That's Just My Opinion. :]

• 1 decade ago

1. Her rack

2. She's a hell of a singer/performer

3. Listen to the "Stairway to Heaven" cover she did.

• 1 decade ago

She is a good song-writer/singer and also a good and generous person.

Source(s): she has a program called Imagination library that provides books to young children living in TN for free, monthly. The arrive in the mail. http://www.imaginationlibrary.com/
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Good singer, good song writer, good person.

• 1 decade ago

She's always happy and laughing.It's contagious!

• 1 decade ago

Because she has big boobs and shes a good singer :D

Source(s): Me!
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

She's a diva

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

good songwriter

• 1 decade ago

she was hot and has big boobs

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.