what is a good side dish for fish fillet?

fish fillet over rice side dish???

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Oven-Baked Brown Rice with Roast Tomatoes

Ingredients:

8 firm yet ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and

coarsely chopped

Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

1 tsp. unsalted butter

2 Tbs. olive oil

1 yellow onion, chopped

2 cups short-grain brown rice

1 Tbs. chopped fresh thyme, plus sprigs for garnish

4 1/4 cups chicken stock, heated

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 400°F.

Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Season the tomatoes with salt and spread them out on the prepared baking sheet. Roast until the edges of the skins are browned but not burned, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside. Reduce the oven temperature to 375°F.

Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven or a large, heavy heatproof saucepan with a lid over medium heat, melt the butter with the oil. Add the onion and sauté until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the rice and chopped thyme and season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the rice is shiny, about 3 minutes.

Stir in the roast tomatoes, then pour in the hot stock. Stir once, cover and bring to a boil. Transfer to the oven and cook, covered, until all the liquid is absorbed, 40 to 45 minutes. To test for doneness, tilt the baking dish to one side. If the rice moves, continue cooking until all the liquid is absorbed; if the rice clings to the top edges of the baking dish, it is done.

Remove the rice from the oven and fluff with a fork. Transfer to a warmed serving bowl. Garnish with thyme sprigs and serve immediately. Serves 8.

• Erika
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Rice Side Dish For Fish

• 1 decade ago

Steamed broccoli spears- while steaming, pour a bit of lemon juice over the florets. Saute some garlic in olive oil and pour over steamed broccoli. Yummy! Another delicious side dish that goes well with fish is asparagus with hollandaise sauce. Either steam fresh asparagus or warm up canned spears and smother with hollandaise sauce. You can get a mix for it that is pretty cheap and just mix with water and heat up until thickened. Those are my favorite things to serve with fish. I also make hushpuppies and mix lemon juice, sour cream, and dill weed to make a yummy dipping sauce. Enjoy your meal!

• 1 decade ago

Pineapple Chess Ball

8oz. pkg. cream cheese, room temp.

2 T. chopped onion

2 T. chopped green pepper

6 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained

1/2 tsp. seasoning salt

1 1/2 C. chopped pecans

Combine all ingredients except 1 cup pecans. Chill. Roll in a ball and cover

with pecans. Serve with crackers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hawallan Sandwich Spread

1-3 oz. pkg. cream cheese

1 C. drained, crushed pineapple

1/2 C. mashed bananas

1/2C. chopped pecans

Mix well. Add food coloring if desired. Serve on bread with crust cut off,

or any desired cracker.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I love asparagus with salmon, which I bake 10 minutes with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. For whitefish you can't go wrong with sauteed and seasoned summer squashes (in season and cheap!) or baked butternut squash, which you can make slightly sweet or savory.

• 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axICl

If you make tilapia, I always liked to add a pico de gallo style salsa and some corn tortilla strips to it cuz tilapia seems to have a very fishy taste. The condiments tend to help tame that fishiness.

• 1 decade ago

Steamed green beans with butter

Asparagus grilled, steamed, or boiled

artichokes with garlic butter and/or mayo for dipping

baked acorn squash with brown sugar and butter

sauted zuccini or yellow summer squash

sweet potato fries

baked or boiled yukon potatoes with butter

• 1 decade ago

rice pilaf and sauteed mixed fresh vegetables

• Ann
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

cole slaw

french fries

sweet banana peppers

Source(s): just me
  • 1 decade ago

any veggies: broccoli, string beans, etc.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.