will govt health care work better than the govt retirement plan? (social security)?

The SS system is headed for failure, it is mis-managed, subject to political pressures, the rules keep changing, hell, I'll be 85 before I get to collect MY MONEY, and that is not what I signed on for. Elderly relatives of immigrants are collecting without ever contributing a penny, people are cheating the system left and right, hell even our president has 39 different SS numbers, whats with that? The health care plan will be ten times bigger than the SSA, which only means more waste, more fraud, more bureaucracy, more politics. just watch how obamma will add another deduction to your paycheck, i'm guessing at least 10%! I can manage my own retirement money much better than the govt., and I want to run my own health care insurance too

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

government health care is wrong.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

For years now it has been predicted SS would be broke by the early 2000's and the government has done nothing or is unable to correct the issue. That is part of what bothers me concerning government run health care and ultimately that is what it will become if this trash is pushed through. I do have a retirement account as well as savings bonds and hopefully will be able to retire some day and not starve on the streets because SS which I have paid into all my working life is broke and then can't even get health care because I will be too old and not worth spending money on.

• DAR
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

There already is a government insurance plan called medicare. Over our lives we pay premiums through employment tax so that in our old age the policy we bought, that was sold to us to cover the high cost of medical care when we are old and uninsurable, will be there.

Between government mismanagement and inflationary monetary policies, it is near insolvency. It is one of the huge drivers of 'reform' - how to fund our obligations.

What Obamacare would do is take $500 billion from the already insolvent medicare fund, drop their care entitlement to a 'cost effectiveness' one, and put all the rest of us into a system the CBO says will drive costs up, not down. The CBO also says all those 'efficiencies' to cut costs that Obama says would happen rather than rationing care, would save only $1 billion. The other $499 billion has to come from somewhere.

So our seniors who paid in all their lives, and also paid to create the other social programs we have, will not get the insurance they paid for under this plan.

How is that a recommendation for the rest of us to want to become dependent on government for our care?

Particularly since you can sue your insurance company if they wrongfully deny you coverage, but Obamacare specifically forbids a challenge to the determinations of the central planning committe that would set 'best procedures/cost effective procedures' to be compensated under obamacare plans, public AND private.

-

Loser, what your employer pays in order to hire you is earned. It is part of your cost of employment. They don't pay it if you don't earn it, they fire you.

• 4 years ago

Obama said no such thing but you know what I find interesting, it's anti-health care reform people like Dick Aremey that actually want to stop Medicare AND Social Security programs...why are you not complaining about that? Wouldn't that be MUCH more important to advocate against? (JimSock: The Clinton surplus lasted until your hero, GW Bush, came into power and proceeded to waste it on tax cuts for the rich and the illegal war in Iraq. In the immortal words of Racist Joe, "Liar!")

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm sorry, but you want to collect welfare. That is collecting what you have not earned. More than half of your social security was paid by your employer. Health care is the same thing, welfare.

Did you know that if you put just $54 dollars a week into a savings account, you'll be a millionaire in forty years ( 40 = number of years working).

• 1 decade ago

no, it won't work any better. why would it?

those of you that say SS is welfare are idiots. i am 60 years old. i started work in a movie theatre when i was 14 years old in 1965. i have paid into SS for 44.5 years. if the federal government doesn't want to pay me SS, i would be delighted to have them return 44.5 years of my payment with interest in a lump sum. but, they don't have it. they methodically stole it over the years. it is NOT welfare. it belongs to the people that paid in for 40+ years, morons.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No! When has the government ever handled our money wisely?Oh that is right everytime they vote themselves a raise

• 1 decade ago

i do not want my life in the gov. hands

• 1 decade ago

No, it won't.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.