jennichu75 asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

Can anyone recommend a reputable company with affordable pet insurance?

I have two dogs and my boyfriend has a dog and two cats. If something major comes along it breaks the bank. I am looking for a company that offers affordable and flexible pet insurance but how do you find that? I mean its pet insurance, its not like State Farm offers it.

Favorite Answer

A really good site is Pet Insurance Review (petinsurancereview.com) who is a third party site that has reviews and ratings of all the top companies.

Once you have found a few that you like, I'd suggest going to all their sites and getting free quotes to see about how much it will cost you.

Some companies offer routine coverage as an add-on which covers shots and checkups, personally I would recommend against that because you end up paying more through the "middle man" than if you were to pay for those things yourself. The company charges you extra to offer routine coverage so they make profit or else it wouldn't make sense for them to offer it.

Of course you should see for yourself what you like, but my recommendation is Trupanion which is what I have for my dog. I chose them because they don't have any claim limits or annual limits. You should watch out for limits because some companies offer great prices but then they only cover very low limited claims, so if you had any big vet bills then you have to worry about it fitting within the limits.

I also like Trupanion because you can pick your deductible and they cover 90% of the entire bill. Good luck with your shopping!

• Hi, I don't know about where you are from but here in Australia some Home insurance companies offer pet insurance as an extra with the home and contents insurance or just contents insurance, I find this a more affordable way to insure multiple pets in a household as it can become very pricey when you are going through pet insurance companies and having to pay a set amount per animal. Talk to your home insurance company about whether or not they offer pet insurance as an extra on your contents insurance, if they dont maybe shop around and find one that does, you will save alot of money in the long run!

Some information on pet insurance:

http://www.petsbest.com/TenThingsYouShouldKnow.asp...

Pet insurance companies will ONLY cover for emergency injuries and illnesses and will not cover the entire amount, there will be an excess for you to pay and then the insurance company will pay a certain percent, I highly recommend pet insurance but in a household with multiple pets it may be better to set aside a certain amount of money each week into a seperate bank account instead. If something were to happen in the meantime before you saved enough money you could discuss a payment plan with your vet so that the bill can be payed off in instalments.

Hope this helps :]

I would recommend you to try this internet site where you can get quotes from the best companies: http://cheapinsurancequotes1.info/index.html?src=5...

RE :Can anyone recommend a reputable company with affordable pet insurance?

Follow 2 answers

Source(s): I would recommend you to try this internet site where you can get quotes from the best companies: http://cheapinsurancequotes1.info/index.html?src=5...