Are cricket games played on a level playing field?

Let me start off by saying i am a huge cricket fan, but that doesnt make me oblivious to certain shortcomings/pitfalls of this beautiful sport. Can we really compare cricket related stats of various players, considering its not played on a level playing field??? Cricket is one of those games which is not... show more Let me start off by saying i am a huge cricket fan, but that doesnt make me oblivious to certain shortcomings/pitfalls of this beautiful sport.

Can we really compare cricket related stats of various players, considering its not played on a level playing field???
Cricket is one of those games which is not played on a level playing field. You can have different conditions of the wickets, the size of the grounds, different bats used by batsmen, different balls used by bowlers hailing from different parts of the world etc...
What i want to say is, that all this makes comparison difficult.

A sport like football, for example, is not like this. The goalposts are situated a certain distance apart, they dont change in different stadiums (unlike boundaries in cricket). The weight and size of the football is universal (unlike cricket, where we have duke, kookaburra etc etc).

my arguement is that cricket matches cant be compared amongst one another the same way it can be done for other sports.
What do you think of this?
Update: happy independence day to all indians, belated wishes for all pakistani users