can i expunge my criminal record?

can i expunge my criminal record?

I LIVE IN NORTHERN ILLINOIS AND I WANT TO EXPUNGE MY RECORD. I HAVE A DOMESTIC VIOLENCE MISDEMEANER 10 YEARS OLD. AND I HAVE A CLASS 2 FELONY FOR INTENT TO DELIVER. IVE BEEN OFF OF PROBATION FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW. CAN I GET THESE EXPUNGED? PLEASE ONLY PEOPLE WITH EXPERIENCE OR KNOW SOMEONE THAT HAS THE ANSWERS. IM TRYING TO GET MY LIFE STRAIGHTEN OUT. THANKS TO ALL THAT REPLY.

Favorite Answer

http://publicrecordsearch.wordpress.com/2009/04/24...

This article will walk you through exactly what you need to do including links to each states application process.

Good luck!

Source(s): publicrecordsearch.wordpress.com

Many states have programs where you can expunge old convictions and start anew. Go down to the local chapter of "Legal Aid" ask about "expunging the record."

In some of the big cities there is a program just for this. Look for a "Self help center" at the courthouse that will have a lot of information. (it may be called something else too)

There are a series of forms you will need to fill out, along with he normal filing fees too. Most say you must have:

No crime of violence

Served your full time, including parole/probation, and then some, sometimes up to three times over.

Been a benefit to the public at large, employed, all that good citizenship things.

Show why this would benefit the people.

Then some convictions my be reduced to a misdemeanor and or expunged. Even if its reduced and still on your record, your quality of life will be better without the felony

Source(s): Deputy Sheriff Good job turning your life around. I wish you luck in doing so.

1

Source(s): Criminal Record Search Database : http://CriminalRecords.raiwi.com/?HenI
  • palau

the only thank you to Expunge an grownup criminal checklist is to have the court docket of checklist deem the crime to no longer have got here approximately or obtain a pardon from the Governor or President. Get a criminal expert and attempt to get the court docket to re open the case, if that fails write your Governor with a stable reason to clean your checklist, wanting the main magnificent to vote seems a huge element interior the component to pardons. Write a tear jerker related to the type you have replaced your techniques and decide for to take area interior the democracy of your forefathers.....

Probably the misdemeanor but I doubt you can get the felony conviction expunged. I believe that's with you for life. I'm no lawyer so I could very well be wrong. Good luck.

Criminal Record Search Database : http://www.InfoSearchDetective.com/Help