Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Swine Flu-Does anyone know if swine flu is one of the things Jesus talked about in the bible?

Update:

I think it may be one of the signs he said to look and watch for that would be one of the many signs that would happen before God can send him back to earth for his second coming.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

is the Swine Flu predicted in the Bible yes. here is a scripture about the Swine Flu

Ezekiel 5:12

A third part of thee shall die with the Pestilence,

and with famine shall they be consumed in the midst of thee:

and a third part shall fall by the sword round about thee

and I will scatter a third part into all the winds,

and I will draw out a word after them

Ezekiel 5:17

So will I send upon you famine and evil beasts,

and they shall bereave thee;

and PESTILENCE and blood shall pass through thee;

and I will bring the sword upon thee.

I YHWH have spoken it.

Psalm 91:3

World health organization has declared Swine Flu, as global pandemic and has warn it's 'unstoppable. now this being the worse news you had heard in a long time. with you stop being foolish. listen to what they are telling you before it's to late. don't you realize what is happening around the world. the 4 horsemen has been unleash here on earth

The UN's top health official has opened a forum in Mexico on combating swine flu by saying that the spread of the virus worldwide is now unstoppable.

World Health Organization head Margaret Chan added that the holding of the meeting in Cancun showed confidence in Mexico, which has been hard hit.

WHO says most H1N1 cases are mild, with many people recovering unaided.As the summit opened, the UK alone was projecting more than 100,000 new cases of H1N1 a day by the end of the summer.

While Mexico in the northern hemisphere has seen swine flu cases decreased, the peak of the flu season is approaching in South America and some areas have declared a public health emergency.

Paraguay has reported its first fatality, while in Central America El Salvador has also recorded its first swine flu death.

'Mild symptoms'"As we see today, with well over 100 countries reporting cases, once a fully fit pandemic virus emerges, its further international spread is unstoppable," Dr Chan said in her opening remarks.

For a pandemic of moderate severity, this is one of our greatest challenges: helping people to understand when they do not need to worry, and when they do need to seek urgent care," Dr Chan said.

Turning to the summit venue, the WHO chief added: "Mexico is a safe, as well as a beautiful and warmly gracious, place to visit."

Leaders and experts from 50 countries are in Cancun for the two-day meeting to discuss strategies for combating the virus.

It has been more than two months since the initial alert over swine flu.

Since then, the H1N1 virus has entered more than 100 countries, infected more than 70,000 people and killed more than 300 worldwide.

Another Warning From the Bible Plague

Plague Kills 2nd Man, China Seals off Town. Town of 10,000 Under Quarantine after Pneumonic Plague Outbreak. as you see this is really serious shouldn't be taken for lightly, Pneumonic plague, which afflicts the lungs, is caused by the same bacteria responsible for bubonic plague, a less serious form of illness that is transmitted by certain fleas. If a person is suffering from bubonic plague and bacteria enter the lungs, the result can be pneumonic plague. This causes a cough, and because the disease is spread through the air, it is highly contagious. “Pneumonic plague is caused when someone breathes in the bacteria, whereas bubonic plague occurs when the bacteria enter the skin,” Polsky explains. “a person with pneumonic plague is coughing all over other people,” said infectious disease expert Dr. Stephen Berger, founder and medical adviser of GIDEON, an online infectious disease database. “To transmit pneumonic plague, you don’t need rats or fleas; you just have to have a person coughing and then other people are getting it. plague from the Bible

Source(s): http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/03/health/m... http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8130196.stm (Daniel 9:27). This seven-year period of time is known as the “tribulation.” During the tribulation, there will be terrible wars, famines, plagues, and natural disasters. God will be pouring out His wrath against sin, evil, and wickedness. The tribulation will include the appearance of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, and the seven seal, trumpet, and bowl judgments. My other another is Summernights 2029. i added you as a contract from my another account. but for some reason yahoo won't let me answer questions from there. so please be careful about your account and make sure others don't try to get you suspended. you ask interesting questions
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Eug.
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Thanks Mr. F. & E. G.

According to Matthew 24:3, Jesus' disciples asked him for a sign that would given an indication that he was again 'present.' Ask a person of the Greek heritage what is the meaning of the word 'parousia.'

The "sign," which Jesus gave in reply, would mark his INVISIBLE 'return.' (If his return was visible, why would the disciples need a sign?) Disciples would see wars, famine, earthquakes, pestilence, 'good news of the Kingdom being preached earth wide,' etc. Fulfillment of this prophecy is now distinctly apparent in the news media, as well as all around us. Bottom line: He has already returned--almost 100 years ago.

Jesus gave the Apocalypse/Revelation to "show his slaves the things that must shortly take place." In Rev. chapter 6, a series of symbolic horsemen appears, several from this group representing death; by the sword of warfare; the food shortage of famine; "and with deadly plague and by the wild beasts of the earth."

That latter horseman has long fascinated world watchers as they have watched since 1918 and the first onset of H1N1, then known as "the Spanish Influenza. (Microbiologists have recently estimated that ninety years ago that post-war influenza took a toll in death of over 100,000,000 in the short space of just over two years between March, 1918 to June, 1920.)

The present H1N1 pandemic is expected to spread earth wide in the next year or so and you may be perfectly right about the Swine Flu. Only time will tell.

Great question. Thanks. Eug.

Source(s): New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures – Reference Edition (c) 1961, 1981, 1984 by Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society of Pennsylvania Watchtower Library 2008 (c) Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania
  • 1 decade ago

in my opinion no. swine flu wasnt even a big deal. only like 10 people died, and because they were stupid and didnt get medical help. cancer is much worse, if i were you id probably rhink cancer is a bigger sign than swine..it was from dirty pigs? i mean it wasnt like the bubonic plauge, swine was around for like a week,,,,

Source(s): my brain
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, I am quite sure of it. In fact I am pretty sure that he named swine-flu, in English as, one of the signs of the end. *sarcasm*

Try READING the bible before suggesting any more far fetched ideas.

Source(s): Non-Abrahamic Theist
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It depends on how you look at it, swine flu was just made up in a lab to scare everbody into getting a deadly vaccination that will kill them slowly. As is all vaccinations from here on out.

Source(s): Illuminati, Georgia Guidestones
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's called H1N1 now. Not swine flu. OK now yeah.

• 1 decade ago

I believe this disease is one of the many signs that Jesus mentioned

would occur in these days (last days).

• 1 decade ago

I think the first answerer was spot-on with the term far-fetched. It's easy to worry, but worse things have happened.

• 1 decade ago

its the flu with the word wine in front. no big deal

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Actually, he said, "Do not feed pearls to swine."

No offense.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.