Using q-tips for ears?

I know this is kinda gross, but if you use q-tips to clean out your ears can that be dangerous?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

It would probably hurt before it could be dagerous. The real problem with q-tips is they pack the wax deep into your ear. (I had to go to emergency because of that dopey plan...)

-MM

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You don't want to stick them in very far. That's the danger. The medical recommendation I've heard so many times is to clean the outer portion of the ear, but use extreme caution when cleaning the ear canal.

• 1 decade ago

using Q-tips can be very dangerous. but at the same time very harmless.

its not gross to use q-tips at all. it means that you care about your hygiene and your hearing.

using q-tips can be dangerous if you are cramming them into your ear. you could hit your eardrum or damage it. you could even break it and go deaf!. but it is very uncommon for that to happen.

just use them gently and make sure you clean your ear well =)

Source(s): personal experiance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes and no it depends on the person i had a experience that i wish that never happen, i eneded up with a ear infection because i snezzed well cleaning out my ear and it hit my ear drum. That ended up infecting it and cause pain and pus in my ear ouch i know, use them just be careful i still use them im just careful.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i clean my ears every week with q-tips since i can remember.

one of my teachers told me that u should never clean ur ears and only doctors should do it, Gross.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's not dangerous, I have been doing it for a long time, but you have to be careful not to stick it in too far, hope I helped! :)

Source(s): Experience
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, it can be dangerous. Lots of people still do it, though.

Ask your doctor what he or she would recommend.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, just don't stick them too far into your ear canal.

• 1 decade ago

if you hit your ear drum a little hard

• <33
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

just dont go too far in

i use them to clean my nose

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.