Using q-tips for ears?

I know this is kinda gross, but if you use q-tips to clean out your ears can that be dangerous?

Best Answer

It would probably hurt before it could be dagerous. The real problem with q-tips is they pack the wax deep into your ear. (I had to go to emergency because of that dopey plan...)

-MM

You don't want to stick them in very far. That's the danger. The medical recommendation I've heard so many times is to clean the outer portion of the ear, but use extreme caution when cleaning the ear canal.

using Q-tips can be very dangerous. but at the same time very harmless.

its not gross to use q-tips at all. it means that you care about your hygiene and your hearing.

using q-tips can be dangerous if you are cramming them into your ear. you could hit your eardrum or damage it. you could even break it and go deaf!. but it is very uncommon for that to happen.

just use them gently and make sure you clean your ear well =)

Source(s): personal experiance

Yes and no it depends on the person i had a experience that i wish that never happen, i eneded up with a ear infection because i snezzed well cleaning out my ear and it hit my ear drum. That ended up infecting it and cause pain and pus in my ear ouch i know, use them just be careful i still use them im just careful.

i clean my ears every week with q-tips since i can remember.

one of my teachers told me that u should never clean ur ears and only doctors should do it, Gross.

It's not dangerous, I have been doing it for a long time, but you have to be careful not to stick it in too far, hope I helped! :)

Source(s): Experience

Yes, it can be dangerous. Lots of people still do it, though.

Ask your doctor what he or she would recommend.

No, just don't stick them too far into your ear canal.

if you hit your ear drum a little hard

• <33

just dont go too far in

i use them to clean my nose