promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

ear wax stuck in my ear help?

i have ear wax stuck in my ear and it is giving me a ear ache and i cant hear **** i have tried q tips but they just push it deeper i tried a bobby pin and it wont work any other @ home methods that any one knows of please help so i can hear again

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

try hydrogen peroxide it should bubble n flush out the wax

Source(s): old home remedy
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

poking in the ear is a really bad and foolish thing to do.You can easily pierce the eardrum and have major problems. A product called waxsol (and there are others )dissolves ear wax . However olive oil is as good.Plug the ear with a little cotton wool to keep it in .

Once it is more liquid it sometimes comes out overnight on the pillow (take the wool out at night) but there are spray cans of a special sea water that is used to remove it. Also you can get someone else to wipe it out of the ear with a cotton bud, but not to poke down into the ear, only what they can see lying in the bottom of the tract. Repeat if neceassary.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Believe it or not,alot of Drs use a water pick to flush out a patient's ear. Use as warm of water as you can in the water pick,tilting your head down over a bowl so as to catch the water and the plug. You might also want to use a towel around your neck and down the front of yourself. This may take a bit of time to soften the plug and to get it to dislodge as I am sure you have tried everything including a Q-tip to get this plug out and I am sure it is quit lodged. A turkey baseter can be used as well but creates a really big mess. Before you start this you might try taking a bath in as hot of water as you can and lay down in the water so the water can get in your ear to help soften the plug to make the water pick treatment easier and perhaps quicker. A hot shower and letting the water hit into your ear might even work depending on how lodged your plug is. If this should fail,be sure to see a Dr. as any foreign left in the ear can hold bacteria and create a really nasty smelling infection. Good Luck

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Pour hydrogen peroxide in your ear. Let is sit and bubble for a few minutes then place towel, paper towel, or kleenex to your ear. Then sit up and tilt your head to the left or right whichever side is the problem ear. May have to repeat a few times.

This is safe to do, I do it all the time. It shouldn't burn at all, if it does quickly drain the ear of peroxide but like I said it shouldn't, thats just a precaution. Hope this helps.

Source(s): experience
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

There are removal products if this won't work...

Get in the shower and run it warm or hot, but not real hot. Let you ear fill and do your washing up. Fill your ear again, hold your nose and blow out/ pressurize your sinus. Give it a few puffs to wiggle the area. Shake your head ear down to jar it and rinse again. Q-tip lightly in the shower only half way in and rinse again. After all that warming lay with the ear down over a wad of towels.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Any pharmacy will carry products for ear care (typically near the eye care). What you'll want is a kit with a liquid softener that you drop in your ears then a douche to clean them, they work pretty well.

Source(s): Used one before.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

hello.

all you need is patients. you need to wait a bit, and calm down..

to get it out, you need to take olive oil, lay on your bed with a towl under your head.put a little bit of it on in your ear, and wait about 5 minutes.

when the 5 minutes are over, you need to put your head on the other side of the towl ( what i mean is turn your head over), and let the olive oil drip out onto your towl. this shold help. if this dosnt help, i dont thn that anything will!

hope this helped!

Sara

• 1 decade ago

Don't stick things in your ears! Putting hot water bottles or heating pads on your ear will sometimes do the trick. It has worked for me in the past.

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

ask a druggist for a bottle of ear drops for melting wax.

• 1 decade ago

Hydrogen Peroxide and q-tips. I do this but it'll make you really dizzy and nauseous for a couple hours afterward. You'd be surprised what'll come out if you try this... lol gross

• 1 decade ago

you can buy some ear wax remover stuff at the store or go to the docter and let him get it out. tell your parents.

Source(s): happened to me before... sucks
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.