Could former Japanese Prime Minister Yasuhiro Nakasone speak English well?

Favorite Answer

yea berry good

I heard that Japanese Prime Ministers, not just Yasushiro Nakasone, do not use English when they are on official duties. Why? Because they are Japanese. Who is to say we (the rest of the world) need to learn English? Japanese are very proud of their culture and their language. Frankly, I totally agree with their concept. Let the English speaking countries speak English. The rest of the world don't really need to follow. After all, there are so many countries in this world that were never colonized by English speaking empires.

Just my two cents.

• Tootoy

I have yet to see a Japanese Prime Minister speak English. They'd come to the U.S. with a couple of translators.

Don't think so. He was educated in Japan and I don't think he ever spent any significant time abroad studying English.

He did speak his mind which for a politician is, unfortunately, not always the best thing to do. But I respect him for it, nonetheless.

dont know but i reather live in japan than U.S