Am I gay if I makeout with another guy but not have sex with him?

Me and my best friend are straight and we both have had girlfriends. Me and my best friend have known each other for many years now and we are like brothers, we are always there for each other and have always helped each other out, now I think I'm in love with him, but I'm still straight!!!!!! I also know... show more Me and my best friend are straight and we both have had girlfriends. Me and my best friend have known each other for many years now and we are like brothers, we are always there for each other and have always helped each other out, now I think I'm in love with him, but I'm still straight!!!!!! I also know that he is also in love with me but he is also straight!!!! He helped me when I got out of surgery( my parents didn't help at all ) and took care of me at his house. I've never felt this way about another guy, I can't explain how close we are as friends and how much we help each other.

We were watching tv the other day and we were talking and he finally couldn't take it and told me he was in love with me of course I told him I love him back. But we told each other that we are straight and I told him he is the only guy I've ever fallen in love with and he said the same thing about me. Then suddenly we kissed and afterwards we both told eachother we just got curious of what it was like to kiss another guy, but then we started making out( with our shirts off, but kept our pants on ) but we both agreed this is as far as it goes, that we would never get totally naked and have sex because we both think its gay and gross and honstly the idea of us both naked fooling around in bed sounds nasty( especially since we have both have the you know whats down there ), yet I think its hot when we make out shirtless.

Am I gay if we makeout shirtless but we don't want to get naked and have sex?Am I gay if I like girls, but I'm in love with one guy( my friend ) and only him, I don't like other guys? Is it really possible to be gay for one person?