IDK asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

do you think that the people who hate health care reform are idiotic?

to me, the individuals expressing their hate towards health-care reform seem rather uneducated for example; as i was viewing town-hall meetings on CS-PAN a man who is on both MEDICAID and WELFARE states,"I DON'T WANT TO GIVE MY TAX PAYER DOLLARS TO OTHER PEOPLE"

or

"OBAMA NEEDS TO BECOME AN AMERICAN"

or

"YOU CONGRESSMAN ARE NOT AN AMERICAN"

what is with these people?

america is different. we are becoming less and less educated by the day. Standards are stooping so low, i no longer feel pride for this country. Why can't people understand that Obama is trying to HELP you. Obama is trying to express democracy through the town-hall meetings so that people can be educated about what Health Care reform truly is. Bush has passed many bills and never has he led a town-hall meeting.

I feel that people are completely biased against the obama administration just because he is black.

WAKE UP PEOPLE, WE NEED HEALTH-CARE REFORM IF WE ARE EVER GOING TO GET AMERICA BACK ON TRACK!

I am an average american citizen who is a medical student at OSU, my mother and I who is a critical care nurse and has seen the failures of healthcare believes it is time for health care reform.

*she has had to turn away sick americans who were treatable but did not have insurance or citizenship so now they are destined to die...how is that right?

*The elderly are given treatments that don't even HELP them...i experienced this from my grandfather. He was given FOUR useless operations untill doctors were able to figure out that my grandfather had a brain tumor.

*we need healthcare that is regulated so that we can have greated quality.

*you may think that your healthcare is great, but you don't know what it will do once you're seriously in trouble.

What is wrong with liberals.

*we are the open minded

*republicans are the ones that got us in to this mess.

*did you know that during the bush administration, republicans voted for a bill in which 122 BILLION dollars every year of tax payers money would go to insurance companies just to deny you coverage?

*it irks me that people like you don't just read up into matters, rather than just read the biased opinions of sara palin and raush limbaugh.

Favorite Answer

I wouldn't say they are idiotic, but it makes me say ummm..., and I wonder why. What is the difference in someone receiving Health Care from the Welfare System of their state, or Social Security Disability, Social Security Medicaid, Veterans Administration, or if they go to their local Health Center. It cost them nothing, and all of it is being paid for by Federal, State, or County, government, which is paid for by our tax dollars.

All of their records can be obtained or reviewed by any governmental agency because it is under their control because they pay for it.

I know someone that retired about 4 years ago, and she had to pay more than $800 a month to keep her medical coverage for herself. How can an average person maintain and exist if they have to pay out that type of money in the event they get sick.

For the person that stated they did not want their tax dollars to go to Health Reform should be dropped from the assistance that they're getting and maybe then they will feel the effect of not having the benefit of other taxpayers dollars.

We live in a selfish society that don't have any empathy. My motto is: If not for the grace of God there goes I, and Me today, you tomorrow.

Maybe it would be better if those on the right would ease up on the false propaganda, lies, insults and fear. Maybe the "moral majority" should do what's good for the country for once and quit being odstructionists. Maybe FOX news should have some sort of standards for reporting news instead of knowingly delivering lies to the few gullible that watch. Maybe we should stop and think, is it a coincidence that most of the hate towards Obama is coming from the south.... It ain't over till the fat lady sings, and correct me if I am wrong but as far as I know there still is no bill.

• J P

All that typing and not a single, substantive argument. Here's why I am against HR-3200. Section 102, beginning on page 16 will effectively eliminate existing private insurance plans within 5 years. It states, that after the bill is adopted, existing plans will not be able to accept new enrollees, or change the terms or conditions of those plans including price. It further provides that 5 years after the adoption of HR-3200 even those "grandfathered" plans must comply with all Federal requirements for insurance plans, including guaranteed issue.

And this is not what Obama is telling us when he says "if you like your plan, you can keep it."

I have yet to have an Obama supporter take this on directly, and explain how those words mean something other than what I have said they mean. Here's your big chance. Stop repeating slogans and defend that point. If you can.

There was a time when the suggestion the world was round brought the same response....Before that we all thought the sun revolved around the Earth...Your statement of what we need appears half baked solely because you refuse to see any logic in the peoples request for more jobs instead of more government. Picking on Palin is sophomoric at best...and why listen to Rush if you do not think he's right some of the time?

Darlin'... I'm a nurse AND have worked both in clinical nursing AND prevention, so I am definitely NOT uninformed on this subject. And yes, we do need REFORM of the health care system, but the bill that is in front of the House right now would be a complete disaster to this country. It does NOTHING to correct the problems in the health care system, it simply puts the government in charge of it.

This is NOT change we can live with.

Actually, the ones that do not want the government to get involved in health care based on constitutional issues are certainly not idiots. They have at least read the constitution and understand that the government does not, and should not, have that type of power.

Of course, you console yourself with the fact that people such as myself who oppose government-run health care are racists. How convenient for you to avoid debating the real issue by branding me with a label that you would have no idea if it fit me or not.

I think you watch too much MSNBC and they are brainwashing you.. That question of yours is really mean spirited- don't you think? Read it too yourself a few times- maybe you will see its mean spirited like us educated people see it.

We don't need the govt controlling all the Insurance! They will put the private sector out ! Don't let them fool you!

Give the poor help only-not all of us! reform TORT lawyers Silly lawsuits! That will make medicine Cheaper!

wait....you said, "I feel that people are completely biased against the obama administration just because he is black"

who is uneducated? doesn't sound very "open minded" to me.

it never ceases to amaze me how STUPID LIBERALS CAN BE by constantly saying things like that.

because we all know that only white people can be racist, and NO ONE has a problem with obama's policies, its because he's black, right?

if you are truly a medical student like you say, and this is the caliber of people that are being taught in med schools across the U.S., then we are truly f*cked.

Not really. But I do think they are putting more of their critical thinking skills to work on the government than they are other citizens. Which is what Americans are supposed to do.

Source(s): I don't think they're doing this as celebrities meant to entertain you.

If 45 million Americans can't afford health insurance then what other solution is there?