Dear Christians: Is simply believing in Jesus pbuh enough to "save" a person from hell?

Salam everyone

My question is

Do Christians simpl 'accept' Jesus pbuh to be God and they are automatically saved and go directly to heaven?

Or Do Christians have to beleive in Jesus along with living a good life..?

Can you quote verses from the Bible please..

and given the following scenrio, which person would eventually most likely end up in heaven and which would go to hell... and why?

A Muslim/Hindu/Atheist dont beleive Jesus pbuh was God yet they were a great person, gave charity, helped others, etc

and

A Christian who beleived in Jesus but was a serial killer...

Favorite Answer

I always throw this verse at a Christian that thinks believing in Jesus is enough for their salvation:

Matthew 25:32 - Matthew 25:46:

32. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, 33. and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left. 34. Then the King will say to those at his right hand, `Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35. for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36. I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.' 37. Then the righteous will answer him, `Lord, when did we see thee hungry and feed thee, or thirsty and give thee drink? 38. And when did we see thee a stranger and welcome thee, or naked and clothe thee? 39. And when did we see thee sick or in prison and visit thee?' 40. And the King will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.' 41. Then he will say to those at his left hand, `Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; 42. for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43. I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.' 44. Then they also will answer, `Lord, when did we see thee hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to thee?' 45. Then he will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.' 46. And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life." (Revised Standard Version)

Source(s): Atheist

A person who believes Jesus Christ as their saviour and follow His commands will be saved!!

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Now you said Non-Christians are better than Christians! And that Christians are serial killers! Those people are not real Christians because Christ NEVER taught that! MANY Christians are great people...just becuase one Christians does something..doesnt mean they are all like that!! I can say that all muslims are like the people that dealed with 9/11...but i wont..becuase many of them are sweet!This just between God and that person..so it is non of your buisness!

Well, you guys dont practice your religion either!! Im not leaving any more comments !! And at least the bible didnt preach to hate others!

Many Christians are Great people to!!!

And many follow the Bible!!

People who are against LOVE...Are called "False Christians"

The way you posed your question, having category of persons and their deeds juxtaposed , betrays the essence of who God is and why God sent His only begotten Son. What you essentially do by that is say that God should let people in by their good deeds. If that was all we needed to do, was to get a good grade on a report card, then there would have been no reason for Jesus to be crucified on a cross, none ...(.........agree? )

Moreover, you should keep in mind the devil and demons "believe" and they are not going to be granted entrance. So you need to grasp there is more to the word and concept of "believing"

Further, Living a good life is taught, but not in it self merit or additional merit for salvation. Salvation was purchased by the blood of Jesus on the Cross, and is a gift for those who received Christ as Messiah, and Lord.

To join a religion just to be saved from Hell..........is disingenuous.

To Hear and feel the Love of Almighty God for a rebellious person like me, is cause for me to not only turn to Him, but to accept His overt offer of Love, and entrance to His Kingdom.

I am not sure you are a seeker, however If this helps shed some light on the nature of God, and His love for all persons, no matter what they have done with their life, then you may be close to receiving what God has for you.

Source(s): For verses, and biblical logic, read Blessed answer.

The bible says that all you have to do is believe in Christ and you will be saved. But I think this is more for people who are dying or in certain situations. The bible says John 4 " My sheep know my voice." So if you are not walking in a relationship with God you cannot know His voice. The bible also says that Matthew 7:16 "By their fruits you shall know them.' The fact is that anyone truly walking with God cannot live the same life they lived before walking with Him. It is not about doing good works, but the means justify the end. So why are you doing good works, do you love your neighbor, if you do not, that is considered a sin just like stealing.God can see a person hearts ( soul) so if you repent of sins just to say words and don't mean it He can tell. But His will is for us to know Him that we may live the life He has planned for us and to be His hands and His heart here on earth.

• No you cant just accept and go....

hurting other people is a sin and if that christian does not repent they will not make it into the shimmery gates.

but i dont think the others would go either because they worshiped a false god not God and the bible says in the 10 commandments that " thou shall have no other gods before me" and it says " thou shall not kill"

so if the others repent and accept jesus as their lord and savior they will see him while they go to heaven.

but i believe that you have to accept him and fullfill hos will for your life and do good things within the earth

God Bless

Try Him

...[God] made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' Acts 19:26

Does this sound like a God who would allow a good person to be in hell? God made all the people, all over the world, in all times and places, so they could seek him and find him.

You can't be a Christian and a serial killer. The two don't mix.

A true Christian by definition is a follower of Christ, not simply a believer. And as a follower you abide by His teachings, putting them into practice as much as humanly possible.

A true Christian will bear fruit. An apple tree is not an apple tree unless it bears apples!!!

• 6 years agoReport

Jesus never heard and mention the word "Christian" and he is Jewish. Now Jewish became your God??

What's the "pbuh" thing?

Jesus said "Not all who call Me Lord, Lord; shall enter.....etc"

Mat. 7:27 i think. There is more, but this makes the point.

Saying you believe and actually believing are not the same.

A man acts on what he believes.

I serial killer cannot be such and believe; no matter how many crosses he wears around his neck.

Love

All religions, except Christianity believe that they have to WORK to obtain salvation. This proves that there is really no difference in ANY of them-they each believe in a higher god, and they think they have to EARN their salvation.

When you really think about it-it is IMPOSSIBLE to be totally perfect enough to EARN your way to Heaven. Everyone would mess up! Therefore, no one at all would be able to make it to Heaven-the first time they got mad, told a lie, hit or killed someone, had sex outside marriage, etc, etc....they would be doomed.

When a person believes that they have to EARN their salvation, as Muslims, Jews, etc. believe, then they are saying that it is possible for US, as created people, to be as perfect as God is!

And think about this. How on earth can the blood of an ANIMAL that is sacrificed be sufficient to attone for our sins? It can't! You have to go back every so often to sacrifice yet another animal, because those sins STILL aren't forgiven!

What if you died before that animal was sacrificed?? What then? You would have to ANSWER to God for your sins, right?

Jesus Christ PAID THE PENALTY for our sins Himself! God put ALL of our sins on HIM-One time.and all we have to do is to believe this with all our hearts, and we will have eternal life! We do not have to wear coverings on our heads, we do not have to struggle and try to be PERFECT people all the time.....Jesus is the ONLY One who is perfect!

He is God in the flesh! God HAD to be the One to bear our sins, because HE is, was, and always will be PERFECT. So it is only the sacrifice of a PERFECT person, who has NO sin that will cover our sins so that we can go to Heaven!

Jesus is the ONLY way to Heaven, I PROMISE you that! Please accept this before it is too late! No one knows when it is their appointed time to die!

Jesus is ALIVE now, and He loves you so very much!

The Bible is clear that salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.

this doctrine is found in Ephesians 2:8-9: “For by grace are you saved, through faith, and that not of yourselves. It is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast.”

So we see that faith, given as a gift by God, is what saves us.

But the next verse tells of the results of that salvation: “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.”

Rather than being saved by some easy act of our own wills, we are saved by the hand of God Almighty, by His will and for His use.

We are His servants, and from the moment of salvation BY FAITH, we embark on a journey of pre-ordained good works that are the EVIDENCE of that salvation.

If there is no evidence of growth and good works, we have reason to doubt that salvation ever truly took place. “Faith without works is dead” (James 2:20), and a dead faith is not a saving faith.

again,

good works are evidence of faith, not required for salvation.

I think the Bible is pretty clear on what is required...

Matthew 7:21

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Luke 6:46

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

James 2

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

...

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Romans 6

15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?