who's gonna become the next JK Rowling/Stephanie Meyer?

I'm talking in terms of popularity and success, not actual writing skill.

Because Meyer has none.

• ChrisP
    Best Answer

I hope me, but come on. This is real life.

JK Rowling is my favorite author at the moment; I think she will always be but I am trying to expand my reading horizons so I will be able to judge better. Personally, I think a lot of people top Meyer; I'm not saying she has NO writing skill, I'm just saying there are people with better story lines. I mean, just because Twilight doesn't interest me directly does not mean Meyer is horrible.

That being said, I would really like for the Inkheart author Cornelia Funke to get some more popularity; however, I think Inkheart has had enough time to become popular so it probably won't get any more than it already has. I am planning on reading the Percy Jackson series, but I have not done so yet- I know a lot of people like it though, and the movie for it will be out in February; the movie may give it popularity so I bet the Percy Jackson series will have some popularity.

• Michael4 years agoReport

The Percy Jackson movie did its source material no justice whatsoever.

Dude, Wow There Are So Many Wonderful Authors With Successful Series/Books.

JK Rowling And Stephanie Meyer Have So Much Hype. (Mainly Because Of The Movies)

I Love Harry Potter And Twilight.

It's All Just Hype.

Source(s): xxx

haha, nice.

I'm not sure. They both sort of exploded into popularity. However, where as I think Rowling will be remembered as a great children's author, I think Meyer will be forgotten whenever the next big thing happens.

I would love for it to be me. *wink* At the same time, I would rather be remembered for pertinence and not popularity.

well i think meyer is more popularity comes from her lack of writing then her actual talent but i think

P.c. and Kristen Cast might be the next stephenie meyer because you already got a bunch of twilighters gonna crazy for that

and maybe

james Patterson

• Kelly

Who knows? At this point, it seems like the general population of the world has forgotten what good literature is, so it might be someone even worse than Meyer. That's scary, isn't it? I blame English teachers.

Vampire Diaries is getting made into a tv show on the CW. They also suck like Stephanie Meyer.

I don't know. But, I feel both Jo and Stephanie are very talented and it will be tough to top them because then the writing will have to be even more intelligent and that will not be as popular.

that is so true, but it think it could be Richelle Mead, her book are amazing, i admit that they are about vampires but her writing is very good and the story line also. I think that they are better that Meyers' books.

Maria V snyder, she has actual talent, she has written 4 amazing books that can speak to anyone boy or girl young or old it has fantsy elements and romance and suspense they are amazing