Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBotany · 1 decade ago

Is it possible to extract THC from wild Hemp plants (ditch weed) using 99% ISO Rubbing Alchohol 4 hash oil?

So I am conducting an experiment with wild hemp plants (ditch weed) seeing it's so available in my region of North America. What is going to be done is approximately 10-20 pounds of dried hemp buds and leaves will be ground up in to fine powder and placed in about 5-10 different one gallon glass jars approximately 3/4 of ground up powder and the rest of the jar will be filled to the top with 99% ISO Rubbing Alcohol to sit for weeks in cool dark spot in a basement till the evaporation time in which i'll have a glass 13"-9" baking tray where i'll filter out all the solids one jar at a time to give the batch evaporating time till it's at the level where I can add another jar to the evaporating batch in the tray to accumulate as much hash oil as possible which may take a few weeks done naturally. So I am open to any ideas, opinions, guidance, and simply helpful tips. Also If any one could answer back to me on few more simple questions I have at the bottom of this paragraph it would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot for your time and look forward to hearing from yous. 1. Will my yield of oil be worth the haste see I'm extracting THC from Hemp plant which only contain approximately 3% and lower THC levels? 2. Will 99% ISO Rubbing Alcohol do the trick? 3. Will letting it sit longer help the extraction to be more pure? 4. Lastly is it simply worth it seeing it's only ditch weed and all, but the way I under stand it no matter what the yield, the oil should be 99% THC... *****Serious Questions For Serious Answers Only Please***** Thanks Again!

Favorite Answer

This is not the way to get hash oil, what you will obtain is a tincture, and the THC will be in the alchohol, the actual dried matetr will be useless after sitting in the alcohol.

Yes, some THCannoic ether will be taken from ditch weed, you need to heat up the weed to around 250degrees (C) to get proper THC before you put it in the vodka.

Because you wont be able to drink 99% rubbing alcohol, you will have to mix it with water and this is dangerous. I suggest you use vodka instead.

Because sattiva "ditch weed" is very low in THC and generally cannibanoid content, it wont do a lot this tincture, but it will make the weed stronger and more prolonged.

now to your questions.

1 no, it wont, you wont get oil this way.

2 Yes definately but its not consumeable, so mix with water or use vodka.

3 Nobody knows. Some people say leave tincture 6 hours, some say leave it 9 weeks.

4 Not really but i guess its a good experiment, so let me know how yo get on? ive not had experince with ditch weed.

No the oil or tincture will definately not be 99% THC, this is way to high, more like 1.5%.

There are another 60 cannibanoids that cause effects other than the THC btw.

Source(s): ethnobotanist and asically a cannabis expert.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

So I am conducting an experiment with wild hemp plants (ditch weed) seeing it's so available in my region of North America. What is going to be done is approximately 10-20 pounds of dried hemp buds and leaves will be ground up in to fine powder and placed in about 5-10 different one gallon...

Source(s): extract thc wild hemp plants ditch weed 99 iso rubbing alchohol 4 hash oil: https://tr.im/HelTX

I had a similar idea a while ago!! But instead what if you get some dry ice and micron bags?? All you gotta do is put em both in the bag, shake it out onto a surface like a mirror, big one by the way, scrape it all together, wrap it in baking parchment thats wrapped in damp newspaper then compress with an iron then you've got pure hash!!

You could try that then maybe iso it after if theres any left in it??

To answer you question,

2. You could give pure Acetone a try, drys out proper quick.

3. I've read somewhere what you've mentioned then at the same time it might rip out more chlorophyll which will bulk it out more which no one really wants.

4. Hemps on average about 0.75% THC although they have a higher ratio of CBD which I cant really find so if you've got 10-20ib which theoretically is about 33.75-67.5 grams which I thinks a right bargain for just buying a few simple things, go for it and all the best!!

• ?

Ditchweed