What does this mean [photography]?

I'm getting my senior photos done soon, and this is what it says :

What you get: 1-2 hour creative session

online proof website

5 facebook/myspace images (with your print order)

up to 4 outfits

PLUS a $100 print credit.

My question is what does '5 facebook/myspace images (with your print order)' mean?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Andy W
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

"'5 facebook/myspace images (with your print order)'"

To me that would mean that when you order prints the photographer will also pick the 5 worst, out of focus, badly posed shots. Add some colour effects and put a few silly words on them and give them to you to post on myfacespacebook.

• 1 decade ago

It means, when you order prints of the photos they took of you, they will 'throw in' (I put that in quotes because they're really charging you for it as part of the fee...) 5 digital images of very low resolution that you can post on a Facebook or MySpace page (if you have one). If you don't have one then just ask for the digital images anyway - you may want to share them with family or friends.

They won't just give you the digital images "for free" without buying prints.

Are you graduating from high school?

• 1 decade ago

Facebook and Myspace don't allow for that large of a picture. I'm talking pixels here.

So basically what they're saying is that you'll have 5 low res images along with your prints. Those low res images won't be enough quality to print a 4x6 or larger.

• 5 years ago

When the shot includes a bright object like the sun or shiny reflections, you get lens flare and ghost images. These are due to strong light hitting the glass lens. Now the modern camera lens is comprised of multiple glass lenses called elements. Each element has two surfaces of polished glass. Each surface will act as a mirror and reflect backwards rays of light. Some will be just stray light; some will be image forming rays. The stray light bathes the digital sensor chip (or film) and induces flare , and flare severely reduces final image contrasts. Internal reflections of image forming rays produce ghost images such as two or more suns setting. The modern lens mitigates these internal reflections with a lens coat. This is a thin film plated on all glass surfaces. It is the thickness of the coat that does the trick. The thickness is optimized for just one color of light. Often the lens will be multicoated. Each coat is a different thickness, each dampers reflections. The thinness difference optimizes the coat for a particular color. No matter what we do, we can't stop flare or ghost images. A lens shade provides additional defense against flare and ghost images.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think facebook/myspace images are pictures you can put on the internet.

a proof sheet is where you have all tour photos on one sheet print order will be that you print them off

• 1 decade ago

5 photos that you can post on your myspace or face book accounts. myspace or face book it a website to connect with some friends blog, games, find new friends,and to have your own web page basically.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

When you have photographs taken the photographer owns them. As such you cannot post them, reprint them or otherwise use them for monetary gain.

This is an "allowance" to post 5 images on the internet and not get into trouble.

• 1 decade ago

the digital image size is small enough to be uploaded to myspace/facebook.

Source(s): professional photographer
  • Trevor
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Source(s): Shoot Incredible Pictures http://photographymasterclass.enle.info/?4I9r
  • 1 decade ago

5 online photos that you can post

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.