Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Bad 80's Movie Rich Boy And Prostitute?

Really bad movie from the late 80's I think with a hooker with dark pixie hair who meets this guy with a really big house, maybe a butler, from New York. The title is the guy's name.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Arthur (1981)

IMDb synopsis:

Arthur is the most quotable drunk millionaire that is likely to ever steal your heart. Oscar-nominated Dudley Moore portrays Arthur, a 30-year-old child who will inherit $750 million if he complies with his family's demands and marries the woman of their choosing~heiress Susan Johnson (Jill Eikenberry). Arthur falls in love with Linda (Liza Minnelli), a tie-stealing waitress from Queens, and has to choose between true love and his inheritance. Being "caught between the moon and New York City" (as it says in the title song) is one thing, but Arthur is caught between a rock and a hard place when he is pressured to marry Susan. If he doesn't, he loses the family fortune. However, Arthur gets a push in the right direction from his Gentleman's Gentleman, Hobson (Sir John Gielgud, who received an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor).

"Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)" won an Oscar as Best Song of the Year. Also, the screenplay was nominated for an Oscar. In fact, the movie won many awards and nominations as one of the biggest box office hits of the year!

EDIT: I fully agree with Rae: "Arthur" is definitely not a bad film! It's a classic comedy, with quantities of quotable lines.

Here's a clip of Arthur meeting Linda, who isn't a prostitute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPOdmWb00AY

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

The film opens with Arthur picking up a prostitute, only later he seems not to have known what she is. BTW: The hooker is played by Anne De Salvo.

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Arthur.. Although being familiar with that movie I wouldn't call it bad..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.