Jess

Poll! New cartoons vs old cartoons.?

Old ones like Bugs Bunny, Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry, Fat Albert, etc...

And new ones like Sponge Bob, Ben Ten, Total Drama Island, etc...

Personally, I'm on the oldies side :)

Also, which is your favourite cartoon? Mine is so Scooby Doo!

Best Answer

let's review this

Old Cartoons before 1996

Looney Toons

Scooby Doo

Johnny Quest

Speed Racer

Tom & Jerry

The Simpsons

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids

The Godzilla Power Hour

Dragon Ball/Z

Alvin and the Chipmunks

Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers

DuckTales

Ghostbusters

Garfield and Friends

G.I. Joe

Transformers

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

Inspector Gadget

The Smurfs

She-Ra: Princess of Power

ThunderCats

Voltron

Doug

Rugrats

ReBoot

Justice League

Beavis and Butt-head

Batman: The Animated Series

Captain Planet

Spiderman

X-Men

New Cartoons 1997 and up

Spongebob Squarepants

Total Drama Action

The Fairly OddParents

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Teen Titans

Yu-Gi-Oh!

X-Men: Evolution

What's New, Scooby-Doo?

Samurai Jack

Static Shock

Justice League/Unlimited

Naruto

Kim Possible

Invader Zim

The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

Family Guy

South Park

Pokemon

The Angry Beavers

Totally Spies!

Transformers Animated

Xiaolin Showdown

Avatar: The last Airbender

Wolverine and the X-Men

The Venture Bros.

American Dad

Futurama

The Spectacular Spider-Man

Batman Beyond

The Batman

Star Wars: Clone Wars

Metalocalypse

The Extreme Ghostbusters

Happy Tree Friends

may choice is Old Cartoons, i like about 45% of the cartoons that came after 1997

I'm on the oldies side too! (And i'm only 14!!)

I LOVE 60s and 70s cartoons! They are the best! Scooby Doo, The Jetsons, The Flinstones, Pink Panther, etc! The best :)

90s cartoons are sweeet too :D

Modern cartoons (not 90s...90s cartoons were awesome. i mean 2000s) really do suck. :( They're just stupid and well...they're just not the same :(

Also keep in mind Spongebob started 1999 so that counts as an oldie ;)

and Mine is Scooby Doo, Where Are You! I watch it every night at 8 ;) I'm pretty much obsessed :D

I really miss the old cartoons that they don't show too much on tv anymore. I used to watch cartoon network all the time when I was younger Bugs Bunny, Scooby were definitely my favorite ones mickey mouse, tom and jerry, a bunch of other ones

The new cartoons are ok - I like sponge bob, i think that is the best new cartoon

Source(s): Does anybody know ( well it's been about 14 years since I have seen the cartoon the last time) it was about this little village of bears and I remember they all had a magic necklace that wakes up this huge wooden figure when they are in danger?

old definately, but i'm gonna go back even farther than yours and say the oldschool anime, like kimba the white lion. when cartoons were used in place of cgi and cheep animation. they were used to explore realms of the imagination that couldnt be touched with live action. I must say though.. I did love rocko's modern life and daria.

I think entertainment in general has gone downhill fast in the last 10 years. what happened to good music and tv shows that made real, valid statements? I miss when music, tv, movies, paintings etc were actually art.

my favorite? that's a toughie, but i'd probably say as far as anime goes: cowboy bebop, and american cartoons (which I count as a separate genre because it's comparing apples to oranges) probably daria

• Eric T

I think you have to designate between pre-Simpsons or post-Simpsons, the writing in the post-Simpsons crop to me is superior, clever & poignant. For graphics & artwork it all goes back to Fantasia which set the standard which may or may not have been surpassed by the current computer graphics. I believe this is still debatable. As a kid I loved Tom Terrific, Heckle & Jeckle, Felix The Cat, Mighty Mouse, as well as Micky. Minnie, Donald, Uncle Scrooge, Huey, Dewey & Louie and that whole Disney family. After Rocky & Bullwinkle & The Flintstones I kinda lost interest until I had kids. They turned me on to the (maybe not so) subtleties of South Park, Sponge Bob, Family Guy, etc.which I now love also.

Old ones definitely. The ones nowadays on Cartoon Network are mostly for boys! I liked that show that used to be one, the girl spies or whatever it's called.

Back on the subject, yes, I do miss the good old Scooby Doo, Bugs Bunny, and others.

I loved the cartoons in the 90s like Hey Arnold, Doug, As told by Ginger (wait was the even in the 90s?), Rugrats, etc. But i must agree Oldies rocked! The cartoons today aren't what they used to be...

Old ones, the new ones aren't even close to cr@p like literally it's less than cr@p

And mine is Scooby Doo, Where Are You!

Duh..old ones! I didnt even really watch cartoons, and I know that! I only watched tom and jerry on a regular basis, so i guess thats my fav. TV in general blows npwadays.

No doubt old ones. Thundercats, Smurfs, Snorks, He-Man, Gummi Bears,etc.etc.

I know recently I was flipping through the channels on Saturday morning and the cartoons are CRAP...nothing like Saturday morning toons back in the day...it was awesome.