What Time Does Your Toddler Go To Bed?

I asked a similar question to this before, but I know my girlfriend really wants to know, so what is the process?

Right now, we don't know what to do honestly, because our 2.5 year old toddler is flexing her independent muscle and not sleeping without a fight. We figure she may be overtired because her bed-time is 9, but she fights it (throws things, gets in moms bed, screams at the top pitch of her lungs) for an hour and a half til she just is so exhausted she passes out in her bed. Tonight we put her to a nap at 12, she fought and fell asleep an hour later at 1. We put her to bed at 8 instead of 9 and she fought for an hour til she fell asleep at 9. Is that normal?

When do you eat supper, what do you do after you eat supper, basically what is your routine? What is their bed-time and when do they actually go to bed?

Favorite Answer

My son is 22 months and he goes to bed between 8 and 8 30... but no later than 9 30

Source(s): mommy to a 22 month old

Sounds completley normal, what we do is go for a nice long walk before nap time in the day, and I let my son walk the whole way, then come home, have lunch and watch a movie, he normally falls asleep during the movie, lately though he's been going to sleep on his own. which is awesome!

We eat dinner around 6, 6:30, then we clean up, go for a bath, we put a baby gate on the door, read books until I hear him yawn, then place him in the bed with his special blankies, give him lots of hugs and kisses, and walk out the room, if he doesnt sleep thats ok, cause there isnt anything that can hurt him in his room.

The occassional time I see he fell asleep on the floor, I just pick him up and put him in his bed.

Bedtime is awesome and easy because we do the same thing every night. Regardless of the time, we just go with whatever our day gives us.Some nights hes in bed for just after 8, some days he's in bed after 10...

I don't want to sound rude or disrespectful, but it sounds like this little toddler is running the household. I have 4 children aged 10,9,5,3. My 3 and 5 year old goes to bed at 8pm. And they stay there. I had to give my 5 year old a night light because he would cry and insisted the lights be left on until he fell asleep. You could always try going for a walk around the block to exhaust her a little more. If you keep up with routine, that is what it will become and she will learn to accept it.

Good luck :)

I have 2 children 5 and 2 they both go to bed at 8pm. you have to set a structured routine for her you need to wake her up everyday at the same time put her for a nap at the same time don't let her sleep past 330 or 4pm then have dinner at the same time. then have a bed time routine such as bath teeth books. my routine is

we get up at 830 have breakfast play outside or something do errands you know. then at 1200 we have lunch after lunch about 1230 i put my 2 year old down for a nap and my son does computer games or workbooks then my daughter gets up about 330 and we play again then at 6 we have dinner after dinner we take a walk or something outside at 730 i give them baths brush their teeth and read a book then at 8 they are both in bed. the key is you have to be the boss and honestly it took me 3 years to figure out my oldest was the same way and when i had the 2nd i was like ok this is it i'm the boss and this is how its gunna work it took a couple weeks but i stuck to a routine and now its great. you just have to figure out what works for you guys and stick with it. and it is normal for her to take awhile to fall asleep my son is awake for about an hour in his bed but we have a rule that he has to stay in the bed he is 5 so if works don't stress cause they can tell and take advantage of it

• Face T

Our 15 month old sleeps at 9pm as well. After supper (which is at 7pm), we take him to park / backyard - let him tire a bit, then shower, then some reading, and then nap time. But that is really our schedule rather than him, so I can get to spend at least couple of hrs after work.

It can take anywhere from 10 mins to half hour for our son to goto sleep depending on how tired/sleepy he is. Sometimes, it is an hour but that is only when he is overtired or not sleepy at all (wants to play).

How long does she sleep for her nap? If it's over 2 hours I might suggest waking her...gently. I say nap at 12.30 (after lunch). Dinner at 5.30. Bed at 8. Some days are better than others. They will always fight it at some point but you need a break as much as they do. If actual sleep at naptime still isn't working, try "quiet time" with reading and staying in bed as the main activity. As always, active play during the day is important. Parks during the summer and relay races around the house during the winter are great ideas. Make sure you leave enough time to prepare for bed. A routine is important...dinner, bath, pjs, brush teeth, reading (during the summer I let my older kids read in bed for a little while).

Source(s): 3 kids of my own and day care for 2 more.

I feel for you!! :(

You love her so much but she must be driving you crazy!!

Consistency is the key.....

Give her a bath

Let her have a little drink

Read her a book

Give her hugs and kisses

Tell her you love her and you will be right down the hall

I PROMISE YOU she will get up though and try all sorts of tricks, crying, saying she is thirsty, scared...etc...

Keep taking her back to her bed. EVENTUALLY she will learn. It may take a few days but don't give in. Let her cry......one of these days she just won't fight anymore. She will know who's the boss and whats expected.

If she does good for even a minute of two PRAISE her on what a good job she is doing. This may help.

Source(s): Two young children of my own. Its not always easy. GOOD LUCK!! :)
  • we're night people hubby get off work at 11 so we don't eat dinner till 11:30 kids pick up their toys go potty and are in bed by 12:30. They fight for about 15 minutes then quiet down and go to sleep.My kids are 4 and 5. I also have a 7 month old and he kinda goes to bed when I can get him asleep..

*** A toddler going to bed at 5?? WTF???? They go to bed not long after lunch..? Lunch is like noon to 1.

Well I have a 16 month old daughter and a almost 3 year old son and they both go to bed at 8pm.

Source(s): Proud mom to 6 wonderful children

tell her that she needs sleep or else she'll be tired. My little 2 year old cousin eats supper at 5:00 and after supper she eats desert like fruits. Sometimes cookies but not that often. she's very healthy. i baby sit her so i know. she goes to bed at 8. her mother had to tell her that she needed sleep or else she would be tired and it's not good. One day , let her stay up and tell her it's just for one day only and see what time she goes to sleep. If she's tired then tell her.