My boyfriend is ABUSIVE!! HELP!!?

I was making us a romantic dinner and i was cutting the pineapple and he took the knife and put it up to my throat.

Another time we went bowling and he PURPOSELY dropped the bowling ball on my foot!!!

I tell my friends and parents but all they say is, "Oh, its fine, he's just joking!"

I dont know what to do anymore!!!!! I am so scared. I found suicide letters of his... uhh im so scared! HELP

Favorite Answer

I am sorry your boyfriend is treating you badly. You do not deserve to be treated like this.

I had a lady friend that I met while attending collage in Oklahoma. She had a boyfriend who cheated and beat her and was forceful with her too. And don't deny what you feel... If your heart and mind tells you he did it - He did it! This young lady confided in me some real shameful secrets, and at the time I did not know what to say so I did not say anything. I just listened to her, after class, every week. We would buy Baskin Robbins ice cream and drive to the park to talk.

At first I couldn't believe she was putting up with this clown. She would shed tears as we sat in my car, in the park. I would hold her hand while she cried. For about a month I listened to her broken heart, waiting for the right words to come into my mind to comfort her. Then one day while she was crying I took her hand, asked her to look at me, and said, "Nothing between you and him is going to change until you get tired of it." She stopped crying.

I told her that she was allowing this guy to do these things to her and that he would keep on doing them until she got fed up with it. Then and only then would things change.

We kept meeting and talking but I noticed she didn't cry anymore when she spoke. She still told me how he hit her or threw her down, but that devistated sound was no longer in her voice. After a month or so, she called me and told me she realized I was right and that she broke it off with that clown.

Now, you don't feel at this moment that you have the strength to do anything, so remember what you just read. Dig deep inside you soul and find the strength. Pull it up and use it. If you make a decision that you are sick and tired of it, report abuses to the police and no matter how much pleading and apologizing you hear from him, do not waver. You can not change him, he will not change. Just stand up...Pray....Be strong. You don't see or feel it yet, but one day you will say, "God was with me and I did not even know it." Your suffering will carve a deep hole in your heart and the good news is, God is going to replace your pain with compassion and an understanding the average woman does not have. Cheer up!

Source(s): <3

You need to leave immeadiately. If your friends don't think you should, then they are not your true friends or they are abused too. I have had an abusive boyfriend. I finally took a three hour beating and being locked in my house for twelve hours before i left. A cop said it best: When you walk to the fridge and get out the milk to pour it on your cereal, it comes out lumpy and stinks. You know it's bad, but you put it back in the fridge. Do you think when you go back to get your cereal the next day the milk will be any different? No, it won't. It's still spoiled milk. I hope this helps, and you pack your bags and walk out now. Or just forget the bags and leave. You can always buy new stuff. Can't buy a new life.

You can't feel trapped or guilted into being in a relationship.

The very second he put that knife to your throat, you should have gotten out.

When it was safe, you need to leave him and be away from him. Send him a txt message or call him and tell him that you're over. If he asks why, explain that he really scared you with the knife/bowling ball.

OR since it doesn't sound like he's done too much, have you talked to him?

If you haven't talked to him about it, tell him it scared you and he needs to be more careful. If he ignores your warning, then I would dump his booty so fast his head spins. Maybe a good idea is to talk to him about it over the phone, if he sounds sympathetic then I would give him another chance if you like him, if not I would dump him.

Why would you keep someone you're scared of being around?

You seriously need to get some help from someone. I was in a very abusive relationship at one time. He beat me with a baseball bat because I was late for the curfew he set for me. When I was in the hospital I found out I was pregnant and almost lost the baby. This was almost eight years ago. You do not want to get to a point in the relationship where you get pregnant and have to deal with him for the rest of your life or worse. I had to run, because I knew if I didn't he would only abuse my child like he did me. For your parents to not back you up on this is really sad. As for the suicide notes, do not let them scare you into staying with him. He sounds like he really needs help. I don't know if you have a number in your state, but there are usually numbers you can call to report. If it saves your life, like it did mine, I would go as far as going to the police!

Honey the best thing you can do is get far away from this guy as soon as possible!! If no one wants to believe you, you need to go to the police! What happens when he actualy does hurt you!? Women are killed everyday from abusive husbands or boyfriends...U need to get help from the law a/s/a/p!!! And dont think he wont do it again because he will...I dont care if he says he is sorry until he turns blue in the face!

Ok, you need to get out of this relationship! He's just going to get more and more abusive, and then it may be too dangerous. Break-up with him in a public place, maybe get some friends to be their nearby encase he attacks or threatens you. After dumping him, you shouldn't be alone with him at all. If it gets worse, please do the smart thing, and call a local women's shelter or the police. Too many women get attached to abusive boyfriends and don't get help.

Seek help right away. Call the police if he tries to hurt you. Stay at a friends house. Talk to someone you can trust. You don't deserve to get through this at all sweetie. This isn't love. If you continue to let it happen,things will get worse. File a "Restraining Order" or "Order of Protection against him. I hoped I helped and I pray everything goes well for you!

Your safety is first! Get out and get out now. Thankfully he is just your boyfriend. Go to a womens shelter and they will know what to do as far as restaining orders and all other legal matters because he will not stop. Also if he commits suicide that is on him and in no way your fault but I feel that might just be a tactic he is using to keep you around. Good luck.

umm....yeah for sure you need to dump him like ASAP. I would also go to the police and get a restraining order. You need to do what's best with you. The whole him wanting to commit suicide, he needs help. And it's not the kind of help you can give him, don't just stay with him because you're afraid he might hurt himself if you leave him.

Dump his ***. Then tell someone who will listen and help.

BTW did he have an angry face when he put the knife to your throat, if he did, then dump his *** right this second. Your life is probably at risk just by being around him. Any abusive relationship should end immediately.