Who can qualify for a FHA home loan?

Do you have to have a low income or can anyone qualify? i'm interested in purchasing a hud home and someone suggested an FHA loan. Any info on FHA?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No you don't have to have low income for an FHA loan but you do need the following.

1) 620+ mid score

2) Stable work history

3) Enough income to support the payment ( FHA will go as high as a 55% back end debt to income ratio)

4) 3.5% for the down payment

Source(s): I'm a mortgage banker/broker
  • 1 decade ago

Low income people cannot get home loans. You need a steady job for longer than 6 months, at least 3% for the down payment and another $1000 or so for the prepaids and closing costs, and a credit score of at least 720 for a good interest rate.

• 1 decade ago

FHA loan qualification guidelines:

* Two Years of steady employment, preferably with same employer.

* Last two years Income should be the same or increasing.

* Credit report should typically have less than two 30-day lates in last two years with a minimum credit score of 580 or higher or no credit score at all.

* Bankruptcy's must be at least two years old, with perfect credit since discharge.

* Foreclosure's must be at least three years old, with perfect credit since.

* Your new mortgage payment should be approximately 30% of your gross (before taxes) income.

• 4 years ago

Im kinda lost, Why was the home loan discharged if you were current and up to date and more importantly included in the BK I understand the listing of all creditors but to include it in the BK and even more confusing how does your loan show a zero balance,your still paying on it but no longer tied to it???

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • dude
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

You might be OK as a first time buyer, but they are only accepting applications from people who have pretty good credit scores in my neck of the woods.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.