question about cane swords?

is it illegal to have a cane sword in Virginia?

Favorite Answer

Illegal to have - No

Illegal to carry it around with you - Yes

A good idea - No. Most, if not all, sword canes are a joke and are poorly made. I imagaine they would be difficult to use as well.

Why would you want to carry one around anyway? Personal protection? I hope not. Even if you did manage to use it to successfully to protect yourself from an attack it is going to look to the cops/jury exactly like you were carrying a hidden sword and looking for an excuse to stab someone with it. That will probably be the reality of the situation.

If you just want one because the idea of a sword cane is cool to you, then yes you can own one but I caution you to ask your parents first. I was 12 once and I used to think they were cool too. If you are an adult and just want one to complete a larger personal collection of swords then I hear the Cold Steel ones are pretty decent but have not bothered to check them out.

• Kokoro

hahaha

no. you cant go around caring a sword. hidden or not.

you can transport a sword from your home to your dojo that is different than walking around with one

Source(s): 30+yrs ma

No, it is a concealed weapon.